Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

......which was brought to the 2014 game in Lincoln. Minnesota won 28–24 to take the trophy, their first victory in Lincoln since 1960; it also gave Minnesota their first winning streak against Nebraska since their 3-game streak from 1951–54.[7] It received widespread acceptance from both fanbases, and has since been subsequently displayed at Minnesota's spirit events with other trophies such as Floyd of Rosedale and the Little Brown Jug.

Source: Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota%E2%80%93Nebraska_football_rivalry

Well if Minny was willing to display it for the only year they had it.........just sayin'........

If I was to guess why there is some who would prefer not to follow though with this and the reason thereof, it would be because there is one parties name affixed to it's origination, even if the name is Faux _______!

Just guessing! :)

This makes me mad. If they think they can bury this and hope we will forget it they are mistaken. Trying to keep it quiet won't work either. They need to come out an explain what they have done with it and why they are against it. This trophy is more popular than their other two.

It would be best if they put out a statement, better yet they let us have a vote on it and decide its future.

Nebraska and Minnesota have a long football history together, longer than any other BIG 10 school. Having a rivalry trophy between these two makes sense, more so than the other two we already have.

SAY SOMETHING EICHORST

• Fire 3

I cannot.

I think I figured out who the Sock is!

Yeah, I wondered that too.

This makes me mad. If they think they can bury this and hope we will forget it they are mistaken. Trying to keep it quiet won't work either. They need to come out an explain what they have done with it and why they are against it. This trophy is more popular than their other two.

It would be best if they put out a statement, better yet they let us have a vote on it and decide its future.

Nebraska and Minnesota have a long football history together, longer than any other BIG 10 school. Having a rivalry trophy between these two makes sense, more so than the other two we already have.

SAY SOMETHING EICHORST

Saying stuff really isn't his strong suit

Per a redditor with a friend at Minnesota, allegedly:

They said that the Minnesota football program hated the trophy. The players/staff (aka unknown) talked to Nebraska about it and both teams decided it was lame and that they hated it. So, basically, the trophy is dead unless y'all fans are able to figure out a way to convince the schools that they should keep it going.
  • Fire 1

Per a redditor with a friend at Minnesota, allegedly:

They said that the Minnesota football program hated the trophy. The players/staff (aka unknown) talked to Nebraska about it and both teams decided it was lame and that they hated it. So, basically, the trophy is dead unless y'all fans are able to figure out a way to convince the schools that they should keep it going.

Looks like I'm gonna have to head up to Minnesota

nk8g_G.gif

• Fire 1

Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was among the very few players who knew the trophy existed, and wanted to run to grab it after the Huskers’ victory Saturday. Alas, he didn’t know where it was (it was stowed away in the corner of the end zone), and he and his teammates left the field.“

I got to the locker room and wanted to take a picture of the trophy,” Foltz said, “and was going, ‘Where’s the trophy?’ And everyone was like, ‘What trophy? What are you talking about?'

Do it for Foltz.

• Fire 4

Take this for what you will, but a reddit user says:

"I'm friends with someone at Minnesota that would definitely be 'in the know' regarding this situation.

EDIT: They said that the Minnesota football program hated the trophy. The players/staff (aka unknown) talked to Nebraska about it and both teams decided it was lame and that they hated it. So, basically, the trophy is dead unless y'all fans are able to figure out a way to convince the schools that they should keep it going."

Here's the e-mail of the admins at both schools for those motivated enough to reach out:

If you're looking to copy/paste email addresses, here are some of them: icaadmin@umn.edu, jcunning@umn.edu, jmanning@umn.edu, tmcginni@umn.edu, ryanx011@umn.edu, ataylord@umn.edu, murp0516@umn.edu mlenz@huskers.com, canderson@huskers.com, bburton@huskers.com, dwitty@huskers.com, ahackbart@huskers.com, mboehm@huskers.com, cbrasfield@huskers.com