Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

I'm not hearing great things about the future of the chair. =/

Still waiting to hear what these bad things are..... :ohnoes

Just a rumor that all parties involved with the chair may not be on board with it. I know that's vague, but I'm not at liberty to say any more.

You mean Faux and Goldy aren't on board? Cuz the only parties should be Faux Pelini and Goldy.

So they're on board with the "Freedom Trophy", but not this awesome thing? Lol.

If the Athletic department doesn't like the trophy, IMO they need to at least let someone else maintain it "unofficially". Trying to bury it is NOT going to work, and will backfire on them.

#brokenchair

#FreeTheBrokenChair

Ditching the broken chair is some Nazi Germany evil Steve Pederson bullsh#t.

They can force the "Heroes Trophy" and the "Freedom Trophy" down our throats, but not embrace a trophy that's universally loved across college football?

f#*k that noise.

I don't know how, but we should boycott the corporate sponsored Heroes trophy (if we win it)......

So what if the athletic directors think the chair is lame. That just makes THEM lame.

And to think, up until now I have been a fan of ADSE. I thought the criticism aimed at him was unfair.... but now he went too far.

9babe29a8707b10090f8b4b19c890d9d.jpeg

Bad move, dude.

http://www.theticketfm.com/early-break/what-happened-to-the-5-bits-of-broken-chair-trophy/

Didn't see this posted--sorry if this is a duplicate. Courtesy of 93.7 The Ticket.

Nebraska and Minnesota will no longer be playing for a rivalry trophy. That means the $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy is officially gone. I spoke with both athletic departments and sources say there never was a trophy to begin with.

“It was just a social media thing. There never was a trophy to begin with,” University of Minnesota official said.

Nebraska doesn’t want to deal with a certain coach from the past around their program. That was the main reason of getting rid of the trophy.

I hope everyone realizes what this means--we need to end around the administrations of both schools and keep this thing alive, even if it's through the fraternities or service organizations on campus.

Rather than emailing the AD or the Chancellor, or the press ... Perhaps a fraternity with chapters at both schools could maintain the trophy and the exchange.
The Missouri - Nebraska Bell was maintained by the Innocents Society and not really an "official" school- sanctioned trophy.

:yeah

Ditto.