Hamilton

I'm not sure which thread this should go on but since we are talking about Trump's reaction to the Hamilton situation -

Trump's meeting wt the press didn't go to well according to this report. I'm sure that will work great - make sure the press is your enemy and they will surely report positively on your admin. :sarcasm

To everyone's point - this again show's Trump's thin skin. He's looking backwards and that won't help him to go forward.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

President-elect Donald Trump exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday, sources told The Post.

“It was like a f—ing firing squad,” said one source.

“Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed….

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

A second source confirmed the encounter.

“The meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks…,” the source said.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong. He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was network of liars.

“Trump didn’t say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.

“Gayle did not stand up, but asked some question, ‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’ Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked how are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC? It was a horrible meeting”

"The best temperament anyone's ever had."

He's gonna stroke out.

If this forum is any indication and this article as well, expect no 'honey moon' period for Trump.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/obama-may-jump-into-fray-as-democrats-counter-trump.html

Quote: President Obama is rethinking his plans to withdraw from the political arena after he leaves office next year, hinting to friends and supporters that he wants to add his voice to the shellshocked Democratic activists and elected officials who are now angrily vowing to oppose Donald J. Trump’s presidency.

White House aides say they expect the president to try to refrain from criticism during the transition because of his belief in the importance of a courteous and dignified transfer of power. But while the president holds out hope that he might influence Mr. Trump, he has made it clear that once out of office he will not remain silent if Mr. Trump goes too far in undoing his legacy.

“I’m going to be constrained in what I do with all of you until I am again a private citizen,” Mr. Obama, who will be living a few miles from the White House next year, told a meeting this past week of Organizing for Action, the group that maintains his political movement. “But that’s not so far off.”

end quote

Ok so this is how it goes GHWB, BC, GWB did not 'counter' the president that followed. President Obama gets in office and spends much time blaming the previous admin. Now, he says he may jump into the fray after he leaves

office - I guess to be an activist community organizer/spokesperson/stay in the lime light leader for the Dem party. So much for the smooth transition - that lasted a week. Time will tell, Yes, he can have an opinion but as he told John McCain -

his side lost - get over it and allow the new guy to get his feet wet. Elections have consequences. And I too am anxious where Trump may go with some of his ideas. Let the President, and the Repubs and Dems in Congress battle it out.

Regarding the original post - Again I think Pence responded more presidential than Trump did. No need to lower yourself/the office by getting into a tweet battle wt people like this. I think the Hamilton actors were disrespectful of the office. How would you guys feel if Obama went to a NASCAR event (thinking of an event where spectators, etc might be more conservative) and before the 'start your engine's' announcement, the announcer went on a rant against an Obama policy? :dunno It would be disrespectful of the office. The theater or NASCAR are entertainment events and all have the right to go there for entertainment - even the VP and the Pres. It is not the time or place to make a political statement. Show respect by thanking them for coming and being honored that they honored you that they selected your event for entertainment. Don't rub some political statement into their face. I think it was childish. I think most of us do not like going to a concert and hear the singer start on some political rant. We go because we enjoy their music, we don't need to agree wt their politics.

90% of the crowd would give a standing ovation.

This whole thing is nothing more than proof of the ultra thin skin that Trump has. If he doesn't get control of that, it's going to limit greatly his effectiveness as a leader.

I agree wt the bold. As I stated, Pence handled the situation better than Trump did. Trump has yet to enter into the adult political stage.

He just turned 70. Let's cut the guy some slack. He's still maturing.

You got it. Some people take a bit longer!! I don't see any change in Trump - he is what he is and will remain the same. I'm only hoping the adults will 'channel' him correctly.

Everyone - have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm away for a while. America is bigger than one election or one man ( I think Obama has said something similar recently in reassuring our foreign friends). So enjoy your turkey & don't start family wars over politics. Go Big Red - beat Iowa. Go Minny, beat Wisc also.

• Fire 2

If this forum is any indication and this article as well, expect no 'honey moon' period for Trump.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/obama-may-jump-into-fray-as-democrats-counter-trump.html

Quote: President Obama is rethinking his plans to withdraw from the political arena after he leaves office next year, hinting to friends and supporters that he wants to add his voice to the shellshocked Democratic activists and elected officials who are now angrily vowing to oppose Donald J. Trump’s presidency.

White House aides say they expect the president to try to refrain from criticism during the transition because of his belief in the importance of a courteous and dignified transfer of power. But while the president holds out hope that he might influence Mr. Trump, he has made it clear that once out of office he will not remain silent if Mr. Trump goes too far in undoing his legacy.

“I’m going to be constrained in what I do with all of you until I am again a private citizen,” Mr. Obama, who will be living a few miles from the White House next year, told a meeting this past week of Organizing for Action, the group that maintains his political movement. “But that’s not so far off.”

end quote

Ok so this is how it goes GHWB, BC, GWB did not 'counter' the president that followed. President Obama gets in office and spends much time blaming the previous admin. Now, he says he may jump into the fray after he leaves

office - I guess to be an activist community organizer/spokesperson/stay in the lime light leader for the Dem party. So much for the smooth transition - that lasted a week. Time will tell, Yes, he can have an opinion but as he told John McCain -

his side lost - get over it and allow the new guy to get his feet wet. Elections have consequences. And I too am anxious where Trump may go with some of his ideas. Let the President, and the Repubs and Dems in Congress battle it out.

Regarding the original post - Again I think Pence responded more presidential than Trump did. No need to lower yourself/the office by getting into a tweet battle wt people like this. I think the Hamilton actors were disrespectful of the office. How would you guys feel if Obama went to a NASCAR event (thinking of an event where spectators, etc might be more conservative) and before the 'start your engine's' announcement, the announcer went on a rant against an Obama policy? :dunno It would be disrespectful of the office. The theater or NASCAR are entertainment events and all have the right to go there for entertainment - even the VP and the Pres. It is not the time or place to make a political statement. Show respect by thanking them for coming and being honored that they honored you that they selected your event for entertainment. Don't rub some political statement into their face. I think it was childish. I think most of us do not like going to a concert and hear the singer start on some political rant. We go because we enjoy their music, we don't need to agree wt their politics.

This whole thing is nothing more than proof of the ultra thin skin that Trump has. If he doesn't get control of that, it's going to limit greatly his effectiveness as a leader.

I agree wt the bold. As I stated, Pence handled the situation better than Trump did. Trump has yet to enter into the adult political stage.

You got it. Some people take a bit longer!! I don't see any change in Trump - he is what he is and will remain the same. I'm only hoping the adults will 'channel' him correctly.

Everyone - have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm away for a while. America is bigger than one election or one man ( I think Obama has said something similar recently in reassuring our foreign friends). So enjoy your turkey & don't start family wars over politics. Go Big Red - beat Iowa. Go Minny, beat Wisc also.

Usually, but this was the biggest one ever. Thankfully, the good guys won.

• Fire 2

Quote: President Obama is rethinking his plans to withdraw from the political arena after he leaves office next year, hinting to friends and supporters that he wants to add his voice to the shellshocked Democratic activists and elected officials who are now angrily vowing to oppose Donald J. Trumps presidency.

Im going to be constrained in what I do with all of you until I am again a private citizen, Mr. Obama, who will be living a few miles from the White House next year, told a meeting this past week of Organizing for Action, the group that maintains his political movement. But thats not so far off.

end quote

What a sh**ty kind of post to make in response to this.

People vote based on what they think will be best for the country. It's not good vs. evil. There are good/evil Republicans/Democrats. Certainly not everyone on Trump's team is good nor is everyone on his team evil. Also, people think everyone election is the most important. But we can never know what what have happened if the other candidate won.

Regardless, this was a sh#t response to someone saying Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Quote: President Obama is rethinking his plans to withdraw from the political arena after he leaves office next year, hinting to friends and supporters that he wants to add his voice to the shellshocked Democratic activists and elected officials who are now angrily vowing to oppose Donald J. Trumps presidency.

Im going to be constrained in what I do with all of you until I am again a private citizen, Mr. Obama, who will be living a few miles from the White House next year, told a meeting this past week of Organizing for Action, the group that maintains his political movement. But thats not so far off.

end quote

People vote based on what they think will be best for the country. It's not good vs. evil. There are good/evil Republicans/Democrats. Certainly not everyone on Trump's team is good nor is everyone on his team evil. Also, people think everyone election is the most important. But we can never know what what have happened if the other candidate won.

Regardless, this was a sh#t response to someone saying Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Great post!!!

Great!

Also, it was rather fitting that I am "thankful" on the "Thanksgiving" post for the good guys winning, no?!

end quote

Great post!!!

Great!

Also, it was rather fitting that I am "thankful" on the "Thanksgiving" post for the good guys winning, no?!

TGH made a great post and then you decided to be a troll

end quote

Great post!!!

Great!

He did. And my response was on point.

Take it to the shed, though. I'll be sure to not join you there.

end quote

Great post!!!

Great!

He did. And my response was on point.

Take it to the shed, though. I'll be sure to not join you there.

No it wasn't. It was intended to troll and I guess it's doing a good job at that seeing as I replied. The purpose of his post was to bring people together. Not say one side is the "good guys." Nothing I've said belongs in the shed any more than your original response, imho.