Way to go Ryker Fyfe

Sea of Red

I had forgotten that RG3 was a walk-on.

No I'm pretty sure Baylor offered him a scholarship.

That's not how that works :P

If you're offered a scholarship to Alabama and Kansas doesn't want you but allows you to walk-on and you decide to walk on at Kansas, you are a walk-on.

Nebraska had a lot of walk-ons in the past who turned down scholarships from other programs. They were still considered walk-ons.

bb8.png

• Fire 1

I'm all for giving Ryker credit. He stepped in and got the job done. But also want to give a lot of credit to Westy who helped Ryker out a lot. Also Reilly and Carter for making some good plays. Newby also gets credit for taking a lot of pressure off of Fyfe. Hell, I just want to say congrats to all the Seniors and point out that they put together a TEAM effort and got a win!

Great game for Ryker!

And yeah Newby...he looked like a different guy to me, in a good way.

I had forgotten that RG3 was a walk-on.

No I'm pretty sure Baylor offered him a scholarship.

That's not how that works :P

If you're offered a scholarship to Alabama and Kansas doesn't want you but allows you to walk-on and you decide to walk on at Kansas, you are a walk-on.

Nebraska had a lot of walk-ons in the past who turned down scholarships from other programs. They were still considered walk-ons.

bb8.png

I get it now. But it's not funny!

Good for Ryker. I've been pretty vocal that he's not been a good QB anytime he took the field for us. He sure shut me up yesterday.

I don't know if it was more time to prep if Langs drew up a much improved gameplan for him, or what. But he looked a heck of a lot different than the struggling backup we saw last year at Purdue. Played a lot freer. Wasn't afraid to take off and run if his reads weren't there.

Great job all around getting the backup ready for a bi game and could' the happier for Ryker. Especially on SR day. Very cool!

There were so many wins Saturday. Sometimes we forgot what an honor it is for some of these kids to take the field, even if for just one game or one play in the their entire four to five year careers. I just read the write up on Tanner Zlab and I think I teared up a bit. A tremendous clap of appreciation to all of our guys who could've chose other paths, but didn't.

• Fire 1