Ryker Fyfe Broken Wrist - Armstrong still out...

I'm confident we could beat Iowa with a QB roster of Stephen Hawking, Helen Keller, and Selena Gomez.

Iowa is not a team to be taken lightly. They have a good head coach, and a very tough defense. We have struggled with good defenses this year. You dont look past Iowa, ever. Ask Michigan.

Correct, and when I suggested they'd be favored over us a month ago I was roundly mocked. Yet, lo and behold, here we are and the Hawkeyes are giving points.

Maybe I'm missing something, but us just expecting to roll through Iowa on Friday seems foolish to me. They can, and certainly may, beat us. Although I obviously hope they don't.

Iowa being favored is more of a factor of Armstrong probably being out and Fyfe also having a broken hand/wrist.

• Fire 1

Iowa is sitting at 7-4. However, their last two games they lost were to the #10 and #12 team in the country. They then went and beat the #3 team. The really big black eye on their record was North Dakota State but that was 10 weeks ago and NDS is knows to rise up and knock off Div 1 teams. They are not your average 1AA team.

This team is a good team that might very well beat us even if we had Tommy healthy.

This QB situation is going to be really interesting. Would you rather have Tommy that can't run because of a bad hammy or Fyfe with a bad wrist?

TA's play is predicated on his legs. IF the line can provide protection, I'll eat more crow and say I'd go with Fyfe. So long as he can throw.......Unsure how his wrist will effect his game i.e. which bone, how bad of break etc...

I'd rather have Fyfe with a hurt hammy or Tommy with a broken wrist

I just dont know if he has enough experience playing with a quirky injury like that.

Do you go with the younger guy who is healthy if you can get him a good game plan this week?

Are you referring to Patrick O'Brien?

I was referring to Zac Darlington. I cant imagine this group would burn O'Briens red shirt for a win against Iowa.

I thought it was thought that Zac will never play QB because of the risk of another concussion ?

I know i'm in the minority here, however what is the big deal about burning POB's redshirt:

- POB has stated on more than one occasion that he didn't want to redshirt and i'm guessing he would jump at the chance to start the next 1, 2, or 3 games this season

- He could possibly be our only healthy QB option (hamstring / broken hand / past concussion)

- By the time POB has played here 4 years NU will have plenty of depth at QB and there is a chance that he won/t even be the starter in 2020

I guarantee that in 2020 we don't have a QB depth issue

• Fire 1

I know i'm in the minority here, however what is the big deal about burning POB's redshirt:

- POB has stated on more than one occasion that he didn't want to redshirt and i'm guessing he would jump at the chance to start the next 1, 2, or 3 games this season

- He could possibly be our only healthy QB option (hamstring / broken hand / past concussion)

- By the time POB has played here 4 years NU will have plenty of depth at QB and there is a chance that he won/t even be the starter in 2020

Besides screwing the kid over... It's also a terrible look to recruits. You only do this if it's your last option and Patrick is begging the coaches.

^^^I completely agree.

I would have agreed with you 2 games ago, but with only one game (most likely) left in the regular season, it's not worth playing him this year.

• Fire 1

Besides screwing the kid over... It's also a terrible look to recruits. You only do this if it's your last option and Patrick is begging the coaches.

The other side of that coin is that you may be saying to our current older players, "sorry guys, the future is more important than the present but thanks for everything".

While unlikely, playing in the CCG is still possible and a pretty good bowl game. Let's take care of the bird in the hand rather than putting all of our chips down on what might be lurking in the bush.

I'm not a fan of burning POBs redshirt this late in the year. Though, the staff will have the best plan in place and know more than we do. From what I've heard, TA isn't an option for this game (likely done for the season, from a girl dating a NE player), but the plan is for Fyfe to play with a protective cast on his arm, but that is a big if.

POB will not get the chance to start 2 or 3 games. Tommy's injury is a pulled hamstring - if he's not healthy for this week, he'd be healthy enough even if not 100% to play in a hypothetical B1G championship game, and even if that somehow isn't true, there's no way he wouldn't be healthy for a bowl game.