SIGNED - RB Jaylin Bradley

Mavric

Ameer came in at 5'9" and 177 lbs. He is now listed at 203 lbs. I would love to see that with this kid and keep/improve his speed and mobility. He's now listed at 187. If he can get to that 210+ range...fantastic.

He was already clocked at a 4.5 wasn't he? Obviously, faster is better, but that's pretty damn quick already (Isn't that about what Ameer ran in the combine?). His vision is my favorite part about his game, it looks so natural.

Ameer came in at 5'9" and 177 lbs. He is now listed at 203 lbs. I would love to see that with this kid and keep/improve his speed and mobility. He's now listed at 187. If he can get to that 210+ range...fantastic.

He was already clocked at a 4.5 wasn't he? Obviously, faster is better, but that's pretty damn quick already (Isn't that about what Ameer ran in the combine?). His vision is my favorite part about his game, it looks so natural.

That's why I included the word "keep".

Let an in state 2* get away: "Goes to show what these coaches know, have to keep in state kids in state!"

Get an in state 2* to commit: "Wow, a 2 star..."

(Actual comment on Huskerboard Facebook page)

So people on the internet overreact and make ridiculous claims.

Wierd.

Guess we know who made the comment. Geez Mavric, you should be more open minded about things.

Having read all the not so friendly comments about the kid through November bashing him because his grades were no good and defending his elementary teachers, it is amazing to see the dramatic turnaround in opinions the minute he seems to have qualified and is apparently offered a scholarship. Just amazing.

I am wondering if most of those defending the unknown teachers and public education system as if no child left behind somehow suggested that the child refused to get on the bus of his own free will. LOL Public education, particularly the k-12 variety, is just not very good in America. When large percentages of kids drop out (somewhere around a third of all the students I would guess) and another third of those who do graduate and are awarded diplomas can't do 10th grade level basics, there are major issues that need to be addressed.

While students fail to achieve and 'thrive' as some educators may like to say for many reasons, to say that teachers have no fault is nonsense. 'Social promotion' happens all the time and it has for many many years and maybe as long as there have been schools I suspect. Instead of 'No child left behind' (a very laudable objective of saying we insist that each and every student is important enough to be sure they get all the attention and focus necessary to help them keep up and 'make the grade' and learn successfully) should really have been "Every child passes" really. Very few are not promoted.

While there may be a majority of parents who would be unhappy that there son or daughter is being 'held back' by the teacher because they are not doing grade level work, most of the upset would likely be because the parents are unhappy with the teacher's work product and or the school in general. The parents have a very important role to play in raising their children and being good role models and encouraging their kids to go to school, listen and learn etc is critical. Certainly parents ought not to disrespect the teachers and school nor ever discourage the kids from doing his or her best. But parents are NOT supposed to be teachers and certainly are not to be doing the child's homework nor should they be 'tutoring' and or offering evening classes in 'homework' assistance.

Most schoolwork should be done in school on school time. Tutoring and assistance of the kids should be done by the teachers, not the parents. I have seen and heard numerous teachers state "it is not the teacher's job to teach but rather to enhance what the child has learned at home"! This is just NONSENSE.

I suspect if this young man has managed to get his academic house in sufficient order as to achieve the required grade averages in required courses and acceptable ACT test scores, then he can thank a couple of very dedicated high school teachers or other people who took the time and effort to get involved and steer and push and encourage and guide him in the right direction. Maybe his parent(s) (it's always hard to predict if there are none, one or two in today's dysfucntional society) did their part as well. It's good to see someone did but let's not let the teachers and schools off the hook - there are far too many failing students to blame the kids and presume the teachers are innocent. The burden of proof rests on the school and teachers involved NOT on the child.

wtf.gif

• Fire 5

That's why I included the word "keep".

oh-yea-duh.gif

• Fire 1

I went to HS with another decent back that wanted to go to USC. He didn't get the offer from them I believe due to grades(could be off base here). New him quite well. Was passed from grade to grade. Didn't really have to do the work to stay eligible due to his talent. Don't recall if prop 48 was in effect in 69 or not but I believe it was. To make a long story short, this athlete did receive a scholarship to NU after having to cram for SAT/ACT/CEEB (college entrance exam board)whatever test athletes had to pass.back then. Myself not being an athlete i also had to take CEEB for admittance to NU. This particular athlete won the Heisman at NU. Johnny the Jet.

I didn't see where this kid blamed it on anyone. I only read where a friend of his pointed the finger at teachers. Yes, I do believe teachers and administrators have to shoulder some of the blame for not preparing these kids for life after HS. Get them special classes so their reading skills improve enough so they can understand the work they are trying to do.

I

So maybe a silly question - why in the Rivals video does he seem to be doing mostly a WR workout? Just when the camera was turned on or did he play both positions?

RB's and WR's go together for pass catching drills in some camps. It shows which RB's are good with their hands and can run a route.

Thanks Blitz - makes sense.

Having read all the not so friendly comments about the kid through November bashing him because his grades were no good and defending his elementary teachers, it is amazing to see the dramatic turnaround in opinions the minute he seems to have qualified and is apparently offered a scholarship. Just amazing.

I am wondering if most of those defending the unknown teachers and public education system as if no child left behind somehow suggested that the child refused to get on the bus of his own free will. LOL Public education, particularly the k-12 variety, is just not very good in America. When large percentages of kids drop out (somewhere around a third of all the students I would guess) and another third of those who do graduate and are awarded diplomas can't do 10th grade level basics, there are major issues that need to be addressed.

While students fail to achieve and 'thrive' as some educators may like to say for many reasons, to say that teachers have no fault is nonsense. 'Social promotion' happens all the time and it has for many many years and maybe as long as there have been schools I suspect. Instead of 'No child left behind' (a very laudable objective of saying we insist that each and every student is important enough to be sure they get all the attention and focus necessary to help them keep up and 'make the grade' and learn successfully) should really have been "Every child passes" really. Very few are not promoted.

While there may be a majority of parents who would be unhappy that there son or daughter is being 'held back' by the teacher because they are not doing grade level work, most of the upset would likely be because the parents are unhappy with the teacher's work product and or the school in general. The parents have a very important role to play in raising their children and being good role models and encouraging their kids to go to school, listen and learn etc is critical. Certainly parents ought not to disrespect the teachers and school nor ever discourage the kids from doing his or her best. But parents are NOT supposed to be teachers and certainly are not to be doing the child's homework nor should they be 'tutoring' and or offering evening classes in 'homework' assistance.

Most schoolwork should be done in school on school time. Tutoring and assistance of the kids should be done by the teachers, not the parents. I have seen and heard numerous teachers state "it is not the teacher's job to teach but rather to enhance what the child has learned at home"! This is just NONSENSE.

I suspect if this young man has managed to get his academic house in sufficient order as to achieve the required grade averages in required courses and acceptable ACT test scores, then he can thank a couple of very dedicated high school teachers or other people who took the time and effort to get involved and steer and push and encourage and guide him in the right direction. Maybe his parent(s) (it's always hard to predict if there are none, one or two in today's dysfucntional society) did their part as well. It's good to see someone did but let's not let the teachers and schools off the hook - there are far too many failing students to blame the kids and presume the teachers are innocent. The burden of proof rests on the school and teachers involved NOT on the child.

wtf.gif

Can you imagine '84HuskerLaw on Twitter and its 140 character limit?

• Fire 3