SIGNED - RB Jaylin Bradley

Mavric

I went to HS with another decent back that wanted to go to USC. He didn't get the offer from them I believe due to grades(could be off base here). New him quite well. Was passed from grade to grade. Didn't really have to do the work to stay eligible due to his talent. Don't recall if prop 48 was in effect in 69 or not but I believe it was. To make a long story short, this athlete did receive a scholarship to NU after having to cram for SAT/ACT/CEEB (college entrance exam board)whatever test athletes had to pass.back then. Myself not being an athlete i also had to take CEEB for admittance to NU. This particular athlete won the Heisman at NU. Johnny the Jet.

I didn't see where this kid blamed it on anyone. I only read where a friend of his pointed the finger at teachers. Yes, I do believe teachers and administrators have to shoulder some of the blame for not preparing these kids for life after HS. Get them special classes so their reading skills improve enough so they can understand the work they are trying to do.

I

Back in the 1970s (and prior thereto I would guess) any Nebraska H.S. graduate was automatically eligible to attend the University of Nebraska and you did not need to have any particular score for admission to Univ of Neb system. As a taxpaying resident of the State of Nebraska, you should in fact be eligible to attend the state chartered, funded land grant university without having to take some ACT or SAT or other entrance examination BEYOND receiving a GED or diploma from an accredited state run public high school in Nebraska. This is just common sense. DONU is a publicly funded tax payer supported institution to and for the benefit of the people of Nebraska. I understand there are grand notions within the current University Administration of doubling the enrollment yet they are screening out via test scores and grade minimums etc local student applicants. This is just not right in my view. Every Nebraska high school grad ought to have the chance to attend the state's only public college system and given the chane to 'make it'.

No matter what the standard for student athletes who might have to make higher grades/scores, etc, in order to participate in intercollegiate sports / ala Big Ten, etc., all Nebraska kids who want to go should be able to give it a try.

I went to HS with another decent back that wanted to go to USC. He didn't get the offer from them I believe due to grades(could be off base here). New him quite well. Was passed from grade to grade. Didn't really have to do the work to stay eligible due to his talent. Don't recall if prop 48 was in effect in 69 or not but I believe it was. To make a long story short, this athlete did receive a scholarship to NU after having to cram for SAT/ACT/CEEB (college entrance exam board)whatever test athletes had to pass.back then. Myself not being an athlete i also had to take CEEB for admittance to NU. This particular athlete won the Heisman at NU. Johnny the Jet.

I didn't see where this kid blamed it on anyone. I only read where a friend of his pointed the finger at teachers. Yes, I do believe teachers and administrators have to shoulder some of the blame for not preparing these kids for life after HS. Get them special classes so their reading skills improve enough so they can understand the work they are trying to do. Those of you getting on this kid have no idea what his home environment was. For him to get the work done shows me he has a good work ethic. I'm excited about this new Husker. JR didn't have much hype coming out of HS. He certainly didn't have his numbers or size

I am excited to see Jayiin. I will take 2* guys who DREAMED of playing for Nebraska whom had to work for what he got (academically), rather than a 4* that someone had to "convince" he wants to be here.

Welcome aboard and good luck Jaylin. Thank you for dreaming and staying true to your in-state school !

• Fire 2

One of my co-workers said "Jaylin starts day one". I highly doubt that, as I think he redshirts. I think he'll have a bit of adjustment to the talent level, but he could turn the light on late.

That being said, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him get snaps next year. He certainly fits the Newby mold more than any of our other backs. I'll have to go back to some of the tape of their games and see how he was in pass pro.

I am excited to see Jayiin. I will take 2* guys who DREAMED of playing for Nebraska whom had to work for what he got (academically), rather than a 4* that someone had to "convince" he wants to be here.

Welcome aboard and good luck Jaylin. Thank you for dreaming and staying true to your in-state school !

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

after going 0-4 today we are back to the old argument that stars dont matter

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

He's only a 2* because of academic issues. He's without a doubt the best player in the state and 24/7 doesn't even have him rated. Bradley is high 3*/ low 4* talent IMO.

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

He's only a 2* because of academic issues. He's without a doubt the best player in the state and 24/7 doesn't even have him rated. Bradley is high 3*/ low 4* talent IMO.

But he's not until he is. Anyone will acknowledge that his stats are bonkers, but if there is a player out there with the talent of a 4 star running back (which is rare, academics or not) the services will rate them. Just trying not to set the kid up for failure before he gets to school. He's good backup and a bridge between Bryant and what is hopefully TJ Pledger. Nothing wrong with that

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

But he's not until he is. Anyone will acknowledge that his stats are bonkers, but if there is a player out there with the talent of a 4 star running back (which is rare, academics or not) the services will rate them. Just trying not to set the kid up for failure before he gets to school. He's good backup and a bridge between Bryant and what is hopefully TJ Pledger. Nothing wrong with that

2* means that he is D1 talent, but has not been evaluated. They probably thought he was going the Juco route, so skipped him. This is one of those guys who recruiting ratings means absolutely nothing.

He was rated low because he wasn't able to participate in camps which then lead to him not getting noticed nationally. The schools that did show interest were scared off by his grades. But he busted his ass and got the necessary grades.

We should be praising this kid and not bitching about his low ranking. He's the best RB from this state in a long time.

The stupidity of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

• Fire 7

He was rated low because he wasn't able to participate in camps which then lead to him not getting noticed nationally. The schools that did show interest were scared off by his grades. But he busted his ass and got the necessary grades.

We should be praising this kid and not bitching about his low ranking. He's the best RB from this state in a long time.

The stupidity of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

Agreed. He has great tape. His cuts and vision are excellent.