SIGNED - RB Jaylin Bradley

Mavric

I am excited to see Jayiin. I will take 2* guys who DREAMED of playing for Nebraska whom had to work for what he got (academically), rather than a 4* that someone had to "convince" he wants to be here.

Welcome aboard and good luck Jaylin. Thank you for dreaming and staying true to your in-state school !

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

He's only a 2* because of academic issues. He's without a doubt the best player in the state and 24/7 doesn't even have him rated. Bradley is high 3*/ low 4* talent IMO.

But he's not until he is. Anyone will acknowledge that his stats are bonkers, but if there is a player out there with the talent of a 4 star running back (which is rare, academics or not) the services will rate them. Just trying not to set the kid up for failure before he gets to school. He's good backup and a bridge between Bryant and what is hopefully TJ Pledger. Nothing wrong with that

Good to see you already have his career mapped out for him. Have you let Jaylin know of his certain mediocrity at the next level?

I am excited to see Jayiin. I will take 2* guys who DREAMED of playing for Nebraska whom had to work for what he got (academically), rather than a 4* that someone had to "convince" he wants to be here.

Welcome aboard and good luck Jaylin. Thank you for dreaming and staying true to your in-state school !

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

He's only a 2* because of academic issues. He's without a doubt the best player in the state and 24/7 doesn't even have him rated. Bradley is high 3*/ low 4* talent IMO.

But he's not until he is. Anyone will acknowledge that his stats are bonkers, but if there is a player out there with the talent of a 4 star running back (which is rare, academics or not) the services will rate them. Just trying not to set the kid up for failure before he gets to school. He's good backup and a bridge between Bryant and what is hopefully TJ Pledger. Nothing wrong with that

Good to see you already have his career mapped out for him. Have you let Jaylin know of his certain mediocrity at the next level?

Cleary gorp has never seen Jaylin play, the kid is no backup.

You'd take 2*s over 4*s?

Well I don't know that's actually true, but I think I know what you mean.

I think it is a damn shame we are all speculating on why his grades were a problem, instead of talking about his abilities and what he brings to this program or what our program can offer him with such educational struggles. Putting blame on the past and something we don't know about is pointless. Let's move forward on this thread out of respect for Jaylin and let's talk about his abilities. His abilities and his commitment are being overshadowed by everyone wanting to just talk about his grades.... smh

I didn't mean backup as in bench guy, that was my fault for being unclear. I was referring to RB not being a pressing need and being able to focus energy elsewhere this cycle. I hope he breaks every rushing record the Huskers have. His success bodes well for how HS players in the state are perceived. But I just think labelling a kid with speculative stars sets them up for inevitable failure.

I didn't mean backup as in bench guy, that was my fault for being unclear. I was referring to RB not being a pressing need and being able to focus energy elsewhere this cycle. I hope he breaks every rushing record the Huskers have. His success bodes well for how HS players in the state are perceived. But I just think labelling a kid with speculative stars sets them up for inevitable failure.

Welcome to recruiting.

He was rated low because he wasn't able to participate in camps which then lead to him not getting noticed nationally. The schools that did show interest were scared off by his grades. But he busted his ass and got the necessary grades.

I do think there are reasons why he isn't really rated and he'll probably get a (better) rating now.

But he did go to the Rivals camp. There's video of it a page or two back.

He was rated low because he wasn't able to participate in camps which then lead to him not getting noticed nationally. The schools that did show interest were scared off by his grades. But he busted his ass and got the necessary grades.

I do think there are reasons why he isn't really rated and he'll probably get a (better) rating now.

Well really if you believe the conspiracy theories if you commit to Nebraska your ranking will drop.

One camp in your senior season isn't going to get you rated. Other players go to camps throughout their HS career.

Well really if you believe the conspiracy theories if you commit to Nebraska your ranking will drop.

One camp in your senior season isn't going to get you rated. Other players go to camps throughout their HS career.

I don't.

And I don't think you have to go to a lot of camps. Other players do but not all of them.

We should be praising this kid and not bitching about his low ranking. He's the best RB from this state in a long time.

The stupidity of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

Could argue Calvin Strong was the best rb in the state over the last five years and I don't know why he wasn't offered. Regardless, I will take Jaylin any day of the week and I bet he continues to work hard on his grades as well as work hard on the field.

We should be praising this kid and not bitching about his low ranking. He's the best RB from this state in a long time.

Could argue Calvin Strong was the best rb in the state over the last five years and I don't know why he wasn't offered. Regardless, I will take Jaylin any day of the week and I bet he continues to work hard on his grades as well as work hard on the field.

Pretty sure Strong had grade issues as well.

And other off-field issues.

And other off-field issues.

Yea I wasn't trying to get at he would have been better I was saying you could argue he was better. One reason is he holds the state record in rushing yards as a rb. Thanks for the clarification on why he wasn't offered, that makes sense now.