Trump and the Press

Here's the thing about these flood photos - they're all staged, but they're all about real floods.

You have a TV personality, whether that's Anderson Cooper who's nationally famous or Jenny McMicrophone from local Channel 10 News.  You are STUPID if you put your TV personality in harm's way for a story. For something like that, you don't actually go IN to the flood, you go to what looks like the flood from the flood region and shoot safely. You don't get your camera person, your host or your producer killed for a water shot. 

These GOTCHA! exposes with the dudes walking past the woman in the canoe or Anderson Cooper doing a shot in hip waders are missing the point. 

That said, these shots are stupid and they should stop doing them.  The weatherman standing outside in the hail or hurricane is dumb. Stop it.

• Plus1 1

If you watch the entire 10:00 Anderson Cooper piece, it was quite good, transparent, and informative. He showed how the road (where the cameraman was standing) had a little water but it became dangerous just off the roadway. It was even deeper behind him (water moccasins swimming around nearby too).

But after that segment clowning Trump Jr. lies, he should have literally dropped the mic. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here's the thing about these flood photos - they're all staged, but they're all about real floods.

You have a TV personality, whether that's Anderson Cooper who's nationally famous or Jenny McMicrophone from local Channel 10 News.  You are STUPID if you put your TV personality in harm's way for a story. For something like that, you don't actually go IN to the flood, you go to what looks like the flood from the flood region and shoot safely. You don't get your camera person, your host or your producer killed for a water shot. 

These GOTCHA! exposes with the dudes walking past the woman in the canoe or Anderson Cooper doing a shot in hip waders are missing the point. 

That said, these shots are stupid and they should stop doing them.  The weatherman standing outside in the hail or hurricane is dumb. Stop it.

I fully agree that many of the shots where they have a reporter standing out in a hurricane while they are telling everyone else to evacuate because it's to dangerous to stay.....is just plane stupid.

However, I will continue to point out when this administration tries to claim certain networks are "fake news" and they use false information to promote the idea.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fully agree that many of the shots where they have a reporter standing out in a hurricane while they are telling everyone else to evacuate because it's to dangerous to stay.....is just plane stupid.

However, I will continue to point out when this administration tries to claim certain networks are "fake news" and they use false information to promote the idea.

I'm not critiquing your post above mine, I'm responding to stuff like this:

• 2 weeks later...