Trump and the Press

Here is the latest study showing that Trump reveived 92% negative coverage from ABC, NBC and CBS with few mentions of the booming economy. The study looked at every minute of coverage from the evening news from June to end of September and itemized the top themes during this tine period.  These results do not even include some of the more extreme anti-Trump networks like CNN or MSNBC.  If you want to disagree with the data and analysis presented please share another study that went this in depth in assessing every minute of coverage from the 3 primary evening news networks as I am open to hear about other research in this topic.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/10/09/study-econ-boom-ignored-tv-trump-coverage-hits-92-percent-negative

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is the latest study showing that Trump reveived 92% negative coverage from ABC, NBC and CBS with few mentions of the booming economy. The study looked at every minute of coverage from the evening news from June to end of September and itemized the top themes during this tine period.  These results do not even include some of the more extreme anti-Trump networks like CNN or MSNBC.  If you want to disagree with the data and analysis presented please share another study that went this in depth in assessing every minute of coverage from the 3 primary evening news networks as I am open to hear about other research in this topic.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/10/09/study-econ-boom-ignored-tv-trump-coverage-hits-92-percent-negative

Tan suit, terrorists fist bump, mom jeans.

/end discussion

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Tan suit, terrorists fist bump, mom jeans.

/end discussion

If you'd have told me a guy whose interactions with the press included historic antipathy, to the point of pointing them out to his hooligans at his party rallies, eliciting threats from Trumpsters, would end up with negative media coverage, I'd have told you, "duh." 

If you'd have told me a guy whose actions in office have led to multiple investigations by the press and law enforcement, resulting in the uncovering of grift, theft, largess, and possibly collusion with a foreign national power to subvert an American election would have gotten negative media coverage, I'd have told you, "duh."

I mean...

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Do you believe coverage of a repugnant, narcissistic, racist, liar should be a positive 50-50 negative?  

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Do you believe that just because they report something negative it's wrong or fake?

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, QMany said:

Do you believe coverage of a repugnant, narcissistic, racist, liar should be a positive 50-50 negative?  

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you believe that just because they report something negative it's wrong or fake?

It's yet another person who doesn't understand bias.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not necessarily but the fact that they are spending most of their time focused on the negative stories as opposed to the positive stories does show the bias, especially considering this same group did similar assessments when Obama was President and there was not such negative coverage. This is especially puzzling when you factor in more Americans are satisfied with the direction of the country now than they were in Obamas 2nd term.

22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's yet another person who doesn't understand bias.

What is your definition of bias....please enlighten me.

Here is the definition I found:

Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

This reminds me of a personal experience I had once.  

I once had a really really bad neighbor that pretty much terrorized everyone in the neighborhood. It was so bad that the local paper called everyone in the neighborhood to find out what was going on.  We all told stories of our real experiences.

Well, after the report came out, the neighbors from hell sued all of us.  It ultimately went to mediation with all of us sitting around a big room with our lawyers.  It went back and forth with little bickering...I got tired of watching my legal bill climb so finally I asked, "Why the hell am I being sued for something I have a constitutional right to do?  If you don't want me to tell people the idiotic things you are doing, stop doing idiotic things."

The meeting ended abruptly with their lawyer indicating they were dropping the lawsuit.

Fact is, if Trump wants favorable news, stop doing idiotic and embarrassing things and stop lying through his friggen teeth ever time he speaks or goes on twitter.  I fully expect the news media to cover statements he makes that are blatantly untrue or idiotic.

Not necessarily but the fact that they are spending most of their time focused on the negative stories as opposed to the positive stories does show the bias, especially considering this same group did similar assessments when Obama was President and there was not such negative coverage. This is especially puzzling when you factor in more Americans are satisfied with the direction of the country now than they were in Obamas 2nd term.

The vast majority of his tweets and speeches are him attacking other people or lying about something.  You don't expect the news media to cover statements the President makes?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This reminds me of a personal experience I had once.  

I once had a really really bad neighbor that pretty much terrorized everyone in the neighborhood. It was so bad that the local paper called everyone in the neighborhood to find out what was going on.  We all told stories of our real experiences.

Well, after the report came out, the neighbors from hell sued all of us.  It ultimately went to mediation with all of us sitting around a big room with our lawyers.  It went back and forth with little bickering...I got tired of watching my legal bill climb so finally I asked, "Why the hell am I being sued for something I have a constitutional right to do?  If you don't want me to tell people the idiotic things you are doing, stop doing idiotic things."

The meeting ended abruptly with their lawyer indicating they were dropping the lawsuit.

Fact is, if Trump wants favorable news, stop doing idiotic and embarrassing things and stop lying through his friggen teeth ever time he speaks or goes on twitter.  I fully expect the news media to cover statements he makes that are blatantly untrue or idiotic.

The vast majority of his tweets and speeches are him attacking other people or lying about something.  You don't expect the news media to cover statements the President makes?

Thank you for acknowledging their choice to cover Trump in a negative light despite the reality he says and gives just as many positive speeches focused on the good things he has accomplished as he might going after his opponents. 

Fortunately with social media and greater access to information more and more Americans can tune out the bias. Trump has found a way to go around the press which I know infuriates them.

• Plus1 1

Thank you for acknowledging their choice to cover Trump in a negative light despite the reality he says and gives just as many positive speeches focused on the good things he has accomplished as he might going after his opponents. 

Fortunately with social media and greater access to information more and more Americans can tune out the bias. Trump has found a way to go around the press which I know infuriates them.

You're interpretation of my post is odd.

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And not one time does this very decent person call out Trump for those personal attacks.  Just the pres for reporting on them and us for criticizing a personally offensive guy.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

especially considering this same group did similar assessments when Obama was President and there was not such negative coverage.

An ice cream store and  a crack den don't deserve the same amount of negative coverage either.