Trump and the Press

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I haven't seen a Trump supporter on this board for what seems like the longest time.

They tend to get diarrhea of the mouth, which combined with their superiority complex leads to a short stay here.

• Haha 3

Trump = :cry

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/20/trump_hits_fox_news_at_pa_rally_something_very_strange_is_going_on.html

President Trump took aim at FOX News at his campaign rally in Montoursville, Penn. Monday night.

"What's going on with FOX? What's going on there? They're putting more Democrats on than you have Republicans. Something strange is going on at FOX! Something very strange. Did you see this guy last night? I did want to watch, you've always got to watch the competition if you call it that. And he was knocking the hell out of FOX and FOX is putting him on. Somebody is going to have to have to explain the whole FOX deal to me," Trump said.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:29 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Here is his response.

I don't care if people don't want to vote for him. But how can you watch that and not come away from it liking the guy? :thumbs

He is a very smart guy and seems to be the kind of transparent, change candidate that the Dems need - who isn't a part of the old system (Biden) or comes across as scary (Bernie) but reasonable and who can articulate the ideas that are important to the Dem camp in way that isn't alarming, extreme or undemocratic.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He is a very smart guy and seems to be the kind of transparent, change candidate that the Dems need - who isn't a part of the old system (Biden) or comes across as scary (Bernie) but reasonable and who can articulate the ideas that are important to the Dem camp in way that isn't alarming, extreme or undemocratic.

I'd love if he's a change candidate, but I'm not seeing it. At least not so far.

He's got a lot of vague promises like lower drug prices, combat the opioid epidemic, confront student loan debt, create a commission to study reparations, strengthen antitrust standards, zero college tuition for the middle-class. But how is he going to combat the opioid epidemic or lower drug prices?

His clearest policy is adding a public option to the ACA (not M4A). 

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'd love if he's a change candidate, but I'm not seeing it. At least not so far. 

He's got a lot of vague promises like lower drug prices, combat the opioid epidemic, confront student loan debt, create a commission to study reparations, strengthen antitrust standards, zero college tuition for the middle-class. But how is he going to combat the opioid epidemic or lower drug prices? 

His clearest policy is adding a public option to the ACA (not M4A). 

If Trump taught us anything it's that specifics matter less than having a compelling message.

In no way do I think Buttigieg will win the nomination, but I do think he'd have a good chance to clean Trump's clock if he actually did get a chance.

Charisma matters most in terms of getting elected, IMO, and he's got it in spades. At least in my demographic. That 0% support from AAs in a South Carolina  poll recently was amazing in a bad way. He'd definitely have to figure out how to message to POC better on the big stage. Not dissimilar to Bernie in 2016.

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

If Trump taught us anything it's that specifics matter less than having a compelling message.

In no way do I think Buttigieg will win the nomination, but I do think he'd have a good chance to clean Trump's clock if he actually did get a chance.

Charisma matters most in terms of getting elected, IMO, and he's got it in spades. At least in my demographic. That 0% support from AAs in a South Carolina  poll recently was amazing in a bad way. He'd definitely have to figure out how to message to POC better on the big stage. Not dissimilar to Bernie in 2016.

Charisma matters for sure, but I think you're underestimating Trump's economic messaging. And I think Trump would beat Buttigieg.

• 3 weeks later...