Trump and the Press

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Why do we care what state TV in Russia thinks? It's the same things you will hear from Fox News, but obviously pro Russian.  It's propaganda. It's lies. It's meant to sow American discord and promote Russian superiority.

Trump going there and talking s#!t about the American press when Russia kills members of the press is something we should be appalled at and another in a long list of individual things that should be enough by themselves to get him removed from office. It's just there's so much s#!t to be appalled at we're mostly numb to it.

13 hours ago, commando said:

russian tv is lying when they say trump hates the american press?

You are posting Russian propaganda, and by doing so you are playing directly into their hands. 

If you want to criticize Trump for his own words and actions, fine. But why in god's name do you need to use intentionally inflammatory and divisive words from an agent of the Russian government? What the hell have they been trying to do to the US the last 5 years? Everytime someone posts one of these Russian propaganda TV clips I have to do a face palm. You're playing right into Putin's and the troll farms' hands.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You are posting Russian propaganda, and by doing so you are playing directly into their hands. 

If you want to criticize Trump for his own words and actions, fine. But why in god's name do you need to use intentionally inflammatory and divisive words from an agent of the Russian government? What the hell have they been trying to do to the US the last 5 years? Everytime someone posts one of these Russian propaganda TV clips I have to do a face palm. You're playing right into Putin's and the troll farms' hands.

and trump is also pumping russian propaganda when he trashes journalists.   that is what i am pointing out.   

10 minutes ago, commando said:

and trump is also pumping russian propaganda when he trashes journalists.   that is what i am pointing out.   

Do you need to use incendiary comments from Russian State TV to do that, or do his words stand on their own.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Do you need to use incendiary comments from Russian State TV to do that, or do his words stand on their own.

both seem to work well IMO.  but you disagree so i will agree to disagree with you on this subject.

You guys are completely missing my point here. How is sharing that any better than showing up to one of the rallies the troll farms created? It's not, the intent by the Russians is the same in each case. Pit Americans against each other.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You guys are completely missing my point here. How is sharing that any better than showing up to one of the rallies the troll farms created? It's not, the intent by the Russians is the same in each case. Pit Americans against each other.

how is it wrong to be pointing out that trump himself helps the russian propaganda machine?

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Because we know it's propaganda and we're calling it what it is.

• Plus1 2

On 6/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Because we know it's propaganda and we're calling it what it is.

I just fail to see why a Russian source needs to be used when anybody in the US media can give you the same analysis.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, ZRod said:

They have succeeded. I am firmly and absolutely against Donald Trump and his party. 

15 hours ago, Landlord said:

They have succeeded. I am firmly and absolutely against Donald Trump and his party. 

Good for you. So am I.

But maybe we should think about the sources we use. Particularly when that sources purpose is to sow discord. Trump isn't dangerous because he an evil person. He simply and idiot, who has no moral and ethics. He's dangerous because as an idiot he has exposed some glaring weaknesses in our system. We need to be extremely careful that we don't swing 5oo far the other way as a reaction to Trump. That could be equally as dangerous for or liberties.

44 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Good for you. So am I.

But maybe we should think about the sources we use. Particularly when that sources purpose is to sow discord. Trump isn't dangerous because he an evil person. He simply and idiot, who has no moral and ethics. He's dangerous because as an idiot he has exposed some glaring weaknesses in our system. We need to be extremely careful that we don't swing 5oo far the other way as a reaction to Trump. That could be equally as dangerous for or liberties.

Ive already answered this nonsense talking point before. And thats exactly what it is, nonsense. Throwing kids in cages vs universal healthcare. Tax cuts for rich and corporations vs affordable/debt free college. Unending war vs. $15 minimum wage. Subsidies and deregulation for big oil corporations vs a green new deal. Yes, I say we swing and keep swinging. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Ive already answered this nonsense talking point before. And thats exactly what it is, nonsense. Throwing kids in cages vs universal healthcare. Tax cuts for rich and corporations vs affordable/debt free college. Unending war vs. $15 minimum wage. Subsidies and deregulation for big oil corporations vs a green new deal. Yes, I say we swing and keep swinging. 

That's not even what I'm talking about, and no you haven't answered my nonsense before because you and I have never engaged on the subject.

I'm talking about being cautious of over reacting to the weaknesses we've uncovered. We need to be very cautious with how we redistribute power post Trump, how we allow information to flow from our government to the people, how we go about election reforms, how hold our elected leaders accountable, how we navigate social and societal reforms. It's a very real and very plausible threat that we overreact and swing too far the opposite way. Taking power from the president could  slow our reaction times to disasters and wars. There will be new challenges with voter registration changes and redistricting, etc.

• Plus1 1