Trump and the Press

Trump circumventing the press via Twitter and rallies isn't a "good" thing. Not because the media needs to put a "spin" on his message, but because they at least use spell check to assure the rest of the world that we don't have a boob (sorry if that's sexist, Moiraine :) ) running the United States of America.

Trump circumventing the press via Twitter and rallies isn't a "good" thing. Not because the media needs to put a "spin" on his message, but because they at least use spell check to assure the rest of the world that we don't have a boob (sorry if that's sexist, Moiraine :) ) running the United States of America.

And because he makes sh#t up.

• Fire 2

And because he makes sh#t up.

well, that too...

You know, it's funny. The same people who criticized the Obama administration for not being transparent enough have grown awful quiet while we await the arrival of what appears to be an administration that is far worse in that regard. Trump is easily the most adversarial president with the press we've had since Nixon.

152 days since last Trump press conference and counting.

• Fire 1

A majority of Americans are getting their news from a whole bunch of sources and apparently liberals are not getting many 'facts' from the places they like to go to read what they want to read and hear what the want to hear. This explains why the liberals and most of the 'mainstream media' completely missed the election results and have no clue why Trump and the non establishment types are so popular today (Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, etc).. Most Americans have seen through all the BS of the establishment and want BIG change. I think 8 years of Obama was about 4 too many for a solid majority. People elected Obama the first time with the same basic idea of 'change' and something non-traditional and non establishment. Well they got that but not the kind of change they want. They want a return to traditional American values and away from the political 'correctness' which most now understand is not correct at all.

Here's what I have learned about white conservatives who decry "political correctness."

Basically, they want the freedom to call blacks the n word, use slurs for gays, other non-whites, and be able to put their racism, xenophobia, and bigotry on full public display but not have to suffer any consequences for their words or actions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the Spicer press conference was a doosey - and thank goodness it's not getting overlooked by the media. CNN did not air it live, as they determined they wanted to see content/truth/lies before sharing with their audience, and now KellyAnn (looking very tired and beat up I might add) is trying to use a really poor choice of words (although ironically, truthful ones) to deflect Chuck Todd on Meet The Press. I don't see how anyone could view this interview with her positively.

If you want a giggle check out #SpicerTruths

• Fire 2

So the Spicer press conference was a doosey - and thank goodness it's not getting overlooked by the media. CNN did not air it live, as they determined they wanted to see content/truth/lies before sharing with their audience, and now KellyAnn (looking very tired and beat up I might add) is trying to use a really poor choice of words (although ironically, truthful ones) to deflect Chuck Todd on Meet The Press. I don't see how anyone could view this interview with her positively.

If you want a giggle check out #SpicerTruths

Holy crap what a train wreck.