Moses Bryant

Absolutely agree. Maybe not a top priority, but he definitely should receive an offer at some point. I talked with him tonight and he's really well spoken. I asked him about the dpi that kept Skutt alive at the end of the game, and he already has the mature "the refs call what they see. I didn't think it was, but it's not up to me to make that call."

Bryant almost single handedly lead Elkhorn South to the Class B Championship win. He is really shifty, and can catch well. He looked really good at RB, but he also played well at DB. This kid looks like an in state player that we need to get.

Bryant is good. No, he's great. Definitely Elkhorn's best player. But Elkhorn looked like a very well coached team. They have a decent QB and the O-line blocking and down field blocking was pretty good. Gotta say, Bryant's 97 yard kickoff return was impressive though. Very impressive!

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched this kid a lot in person over the last two years (probably 18 games or more) and his future is on offense in my opinion. He can play a great slot receiver or at RB if he gains some size. As a DB he is so so. He could develop but at this point his hips need to get better. On offense he has all the hip shuffle figured out, it comes as second nature to him. However, his hip turn as a DB is mediocre. Far too many players get open against him at the high school level. Players get separation from him at the hip turn and get open. Good coverage is all about getting your hips turned fluidly when breaking on a deep route to the receiver and also breaking on a pass. My own guess as to why this is with him is that he's been such a good offensive player as a 9th and 10th grader that he never played defense (very rarely anyway) and that affected his development and hurt the refinement of his technique. He makes up for it often at the high school level due to his athleticism and speed, but at the next level it is way harder to recover once a college athlete has separation. My two cents. Either way, I'd love for him to be a Husker. I'd just like to see him on offense.

Also, I think the most underrated player in the state is Elkhorn South's QB Braden Wright. Mark my words, I expect this kid to have a stellar college career, no matter where he goes. Very cool customer and very athletic. I look for big things from him.