Oregon 2017 and beyond

Nebraska is going to go to Eugene and dismantle that squad by 3 scores. Mark it.

I like the optimism, but I am not so sure. Nebraska will be taking a first year starting QB into a hostile environment against a team that is very skilled and will be looking for revenge. It will be Taggart and Co. first real test to show Oregon is capable of winning these types of games again.

Oregon was a very young team this year and they return just about everyone.

Nebraska is going to go to Eugene and dismantle that squad by 3 scores. Mark it.

I like the optimism, but I am not so sure. Nebraska will be taking a first year starting QB into a hostile environment against a team that is very skilled and will be looking for revenge. It will be Taggart and Co. first real test to show Oregon is capable of winning these types of games again.

Oregon was a very young team this year and they return just about everyone.

I SAID 3 SCORES MARK IT!!!!

He wasn't Oregon's first choice, and I don't think he was Oregon's 2nd or 3rd choice. I think the Ducks settled with him, but they will tell their fans he was their only choice.

I don't think the word "Settled" is the right word.

He wasn't the first choice, but after the recommendations that were made to the admin about him it was hard to say no. A lot of people will be surprised at the changes of Oregon's play on the field.

They played with just athleticism last year. No heart, no discipline, and no respect for the Helfrich.

I'm probably optimistic and maybe a little biased but I like to think I hold a decent opinion. I guess I try to be informed about who the guy is. Not saying anyone in here isn't informed. I just think people hold a negative view of a guy that has turned around 2 programs that were in the dumpster.

He had the 120th ranked defense at South Florida. Also, saying the players didn't have respect for Helfrich is silly, you saw their reaction to Helfrich when he was fired. They knew he had their back. Now Helfrich may have been a little too hands off and laid back and the players took advantage of that, which I think Taggart will be the opposite.

I think Oregon will certainly be better next year and probably get 7-9 wins. I just hope Nebraska is ready for them. It's going to be the same old spread offense at Oregon like he ran at USF.

Ya, I don't see Oregon's offense changing much, if at all. Schematically I am sure there will be some tweaks, but overall, it'll be the same. Same pace, tempo, attitude, etc.