Two years in....no growth

Our players do not seem to be disciplined and they continue to make horrible calls and draw penalities at the worst times ever. Unfortunately, a nice coach who does not discipline his players will continue to have these players make the same stupid bad calls. Have a nice guy as a coach is a good thing but not at the expense of the program reputation which by now has taken a huge hit once again. We will definitely drop from the rankings once again and we will play a sad PAC 12 team again this year.

Our players do not seem to be disciplined and they continue to make horrible calls and draw penalities at the worst times ever. Unfortunately, a nice coach who does not discipline his players will continue to have these players make the same stupid bad calls. Have a nice guy as a coach is a good thing but not at the expense of the program reputation which by now has taken a huge hit once again. We will definitely drop from the rankings once again and we will play a sad PAC 12 team again this year.

A sad pac12 team might just kick our ass

Calhoun's Falcons beat Boise. HE would've been a good pick.

Did you see the stat line?

6 passes thrown (1 of those by a WR). 26 rushes by a QB out of 77 total attempts.

New age Husker fans would throw a conniption.

Georgia tech runs the hell out of the ball,hell Alot of option with coastal talent.and they suck worse than Nebraska.

time to fire another 9-3 coach? seems to be the prevailing attitude with Nebraska fans.

Yeah, that's the thing. You fire a coach, any coach, and it sets your program back a couple of years. At some point your need to pick a guy and stick with him. I think Riley gathered a pretty good staff around him. And recruiting seems to be going well. So there's that. :dunno:

are you freakin kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! last time we looked we were mid 20's in recruiting rank about where we were with pelini, and don't give me that crap about being in on players cuz nobody is beating down the door to come and then you have to coach em. Are you really telling me that is what you are seeing!

• Fire 1

To be fair the other guy lost 1 or 2 games a year to teams he had no buisness losing to. At least we made some improvements there.

Yeah, that's not really true.

And Riley lost more games he shouldn't that Pelini did in seven years.

Well, we know where you stand.

It is not really about where someone "stands" it is about realizing things. Look, Bo went up in his first 2-3 years...I suppose you could make the same argument for Riley...but clearly he is not the guy.

When the ESPN bottom line shows how these schools are basically in a bidding war for the badass hot coach it makes me roll my eyes knowing that NU doesn't do that.

• Fire 1

time to fire another 9-3 coach? seems to be the prevailing attitude with Nebraska fans.

Yeah, that's the thing. You fire a coach, any coach, and it sets your program back a couple of years. At some point your need to pick a guy and stick with him. I think Riley gathered a pretty good staff around him. And recruiting seems to be going well. So there's that. :dunno:

are you freakin kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! last time we looked we were mid 20's in recruiting rank about where we were with pelini, and don't give me that crap about being in on players cuz nobody is beating down the door to come and then you have to coach em. Are you really telling me that is what you are seeing!

Maybe you should just calm down a little bit.

• Fire 4

Why would we really expect any difference when one looks at the totality of his career and staff.........We hired a .504 coach and staff and expected more. Much more. I think there are several things to consider:

1) I really think Riley was simply hired for PR for the University. The anti Bo. A friendly Mr Rogers who would heal the fan base, alumni and media... The potential to win? Sure. The expectation? No

2) Riley came with high marks and reputation. Riley. Just Riley. I don't remember a lot of "his guys" coming with the same praise i.e. Langs, Banker and Hughes.....In fact, lowly OSU, wanted Banker fired.....a team that had really accomplished nothing....

The demise of Riley will be what doomed Solich (Bohl), Cally (Cosgrove), Bo (Paps, Beck).... His buddies....

As far as hiring a new coach, Jimbo just balked at LSU's offer of 6.8 million/year...... We'd have to still pay Bo and then Riley. If I was SE, I'd call Riley in and let who know who would be gone next year. Fo fiddly for sure. Banker and Langs would be told what the specific expectations were to keep employed past 2017.....

This is what we have. Instead of dropping one to a FCS school like OSU, we get boat raced by OSU or Iowa.....

• Fire 1

I was a little uneasy at the beginning of the season with all the skeptics doubting Nebraska's greatness. After our loss to Wisconsin I started to believe them.

I am fully convinced we have a tremendous amount of soul searching to do. Almost all 9 of our wins this season were barely won. We have talent but we have a severe deficiency in execution and consistency; I put quite a bit of that on coaching.

We are more of a bad football team than is Iowa a good football team.

This is just outright unacceptable.

• Fire 1

Maybe you should just calm down a little bit.

That is hard to do when you have bled red for as long as I have, it is sad just very sad.

• Fire 1