Iowa Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

We never had a chance the instant Tommy went down. Playing a crippled running QB, who really can not throw or escape the pocket seals the deal. Ryker must have been hurt worse than we thought. Tommy should never have been in the game.

And that goes on coaching, whom I have been a huge fan of. A QB that might possibly hit some of those passes would have made a huge difference in this game. Either POB is not ready or he is no where near as good as advertised. I really do not care about Redshirts. You have to have enough QB's to play the game, we did not today.

Riley is a middle of the road coach and those who coach for him are the same with the exception of the receiver's coach and the defensive line coach. I have been watching the Huskers since the early 60's and the effort put out by most players today at NE is horrible. Time for a coach who cares and can coach! Riley will lead to a new AD.

We never had a chance the instant Tommy went down. Playing a crippled running QB, who really can not throw or escape the pocket seals the deal. Ryker must have been hurt worse than we thought. Tommy should never have been in the game.And that goes on coaching, whom I have been a huge fan of. A QB that might possibly hit some of those passes would have made a huge difference in this game. Either POB is not ready or he is no where near as good as advertised. I really do not care about Redshirts. You have to have enough QB's to play the game, we did not today.

We'd see Darlington before POB. I don't think they'd burn a redshirt for one game, unless it was for a championship.

Riley has been coaching too long for him to fall into a trap.Poor coaching will not cut it here very long.Ask Bo and Frank.

That statement alone is why I'd now say fire him.. YOURE THE FRIGGIN HC. YOUR GUY IS CALLING BS PLAYS STEP IN. IIRC, He demoted Langs at OSU and took over play calling duties......

Fell into a trap, with a broke down QB who was 50% on the season, less than 40% the past 2 games who is hurt and you let your friggin idiot OC go air raid. Did I mention with a broke down QB, who even with healthy honestly sucks at passing.....

I totally agree CM. Darlington is not going to play QB. No coach wants to take the chance on that is my guess. POB should have been practicing and playing the whole year. I really do not care about Redhirts. You sometimes need bodies. The kid signed to play here and when needed. He was needed today, and most likely several other times.

I am a fan of Riley, but you have to have the manpower to play the game. We did not today. When Tommy is not playing well it seems to affect the team. That should have been transitioned through the year I think.

We should have had a viable alternative all year. That is what good teams do. They plan ahead, but not always two years ahead. You do what you have to do to be as competitive as you can. I think Coach Riley failed on that.

As to talent, it was apparent today that we were no where near competitive on the lines. Iowa did what they wanted and when they wanted. Our kids looked clumsy, out of shape, tired and uninspired.

We have a tremendous weapon in Westerkamp. Why he is on the sideline at anytime is beyond me. they have to account for him it would seem.

I do not want to see Coach Riley fired, for three reasons. I like him a lot. I really could not stand the past head coach from day one, and we need to see if they can do things differently with a true passing QB. As to the qualifications of assistant coaches, I know that loyalty is a factor in coaching, so I doubt many will leave.

^^ Well said.

Sam McKewon said it on this weeks podcast. Riley and co gambled by red-shirting so many guys this year that could have played and added depth, in hopes to squeak by. In hindsight, that was a bad idea.

Just like it was a bad idea in 2012.

It absolutely sucks to lose the way we did today and at OSU, but its a football game. I greatly enjoy following the Huskers, but I absolutely hate fans in losses like todays. I get passion, but every single time a loss like this happens everyone loose's their minds blaming everyone and their child. Sometimes s*it happens. Sometimes its better to disassociate with the emotions, recognize that the way that they played was unacceptable and move one. It makes for a happier life.

Riley absolutely will have a hard conversation with Reid, and Reid will have to be let go or moved to an admin position. He probably has a talk with his coordinators too.

• Fire 1