Rivalry games and conferences

Nebhawk

Nebraska is the biggest loser of any of the schools who moved conferences. Iowa, that is the Big 10 answer for a rivalry game. National ratings for TV viewing were decent, but won't compare to what these games today will bring in.

This weekend is one of the biggest recruiting weekends in sports. This is showcase weekend. We showcased how to lose to a average at best over coached Iowa team. Big 10. Its all about Michigan and Ohio ST. ALL about them.

Big 10 loves our money, but won't change things that don't benefit those other two. Penn St has more leverage than we do.

Change back to the Big 12 sounds better if you can get OU as the Thanksgiving game back, but Texas won't allow that either. Hostages to a conference that won't ever void any of THEIR traditions.

This has nothing to do with us not winning meaningful games, but does have things to do with how we are perceived nationally.

Thoughts?

Win meaningful games in the big 10 and that's how to change national perception. Right now, the nation saw you get curbstomped on both sides of the ball by Iowa, who you seemingly see as beneath you. That's a losing attitude. Iowa doesn't see Nebraska as a rival as much as Wisconsin. You are more of a beatable

equal. I would give your coach a chance to recruit and develop. Run back to the big 12 and there will be an impact on national perception all right.

Just win games and you will be relevant. OSU and Michigan was #2 vs #3 so yes I made a point to watch it. I can't recall the last time I watched that entire game since Michigan was never a contender in recent years. The BIG is very relevant right now with all the good teams we have. It's an exciting conference and that should only help with drawing better recruits.

Iowa has beaten us 3 out of 4 times correct. Give credit where credit is due. We are not the better team. PERIOD. Win games, guess what, you become relevant. We have not done that for years. We crap the bed regularly. The 90's are gone. Deal with it.

Just start winning meaningful games, nothing more.

Iowa has beaten us 3 out of 4 times correct. Give credit where credit is due. We are not the better team. PERIOD. Win games, guess what, you become relevant. We have not done that for years. We crap the bed regularly. The 90's are gone. Deal with it.

Just start winning meaningful games, nothing more.

3 of the last 4.

You have to look at the move holistically, not just from a football perspective:

Pros:

- More Money

- Better Basketball

- Better Football

- Better Academics

- More egalitarian conference; are you listened to as much as OSU or UM? No...but they don't dominate in the way that UT does in the Big XII

- Better Competition (3 other elite programs vs 2 in the Big XII).

Cons:

- Harder to recruit in Texas

- Worse Baseball

- No rivalries/Oklahoma (yet)

- Longer drive for road games I would think...the only easy-ish one for you guys now must be Iowa...no KSU, ISU, KU anymore

I think you guys came out alright all things considered and definitely not the worst deal of all schools that moved; Rutgers sucks. Maryland sucks. Texas A&M gets hype but the wheels fall off every damn year. CU looked like a bust until this year.

Football is cyclical. You'll be back again soon enough. :cheers

Big 10 loves our money, but won't change things that don't benefit those other two. Penn St has more leverage than we do.

I'm curious as to what you mean by this, what do you want the conference to change? You want a better end of the year game? You want the refs to give you calls in big games? You'll have to outbid OSU. ;)

Wow. I cannot believe what the OP said. We ARE TAKING THE B1G money! We don't bring jack. If you think we do, you need to share... We moved away fro, Texas because we couldn't beat them and they controlled the Big 12...and because there was more money available up north. That's it. We ran away from all the traditional rivalries, the history everything. For money. We though we would dominate a new conference and we aren't. It really is that simple.

We aren't who we think we are.

Wow. I cannot believe what the OP said. We ARE TAKING THE B1G money! We don't bring jack. If you think we do, you need to share... We moved away fro, Texas because we couldn't beat them and they controlled the Big 12...and because there was more money available up north. That's it. We ran away from all the traditional rivalries, the history everything. For money. We though we would dominate a new conference and we aren't. It really is that simple.

Are you frustrated?

Are you frustrated?
nah, he just didn't stay at a holiday inn last night.

Are you frustrated?

No. I am frustrated. I am sick and tired of being the game opponents look forward to and not because of the competition but because it's an easy W. That's why I am frustrated. People mock us.

Are you frustrated?

No. I am frustrated. I am sick and tired of being the game opponents look forward to and not because of the competition but because it's an easy W. That's why I am frustrated. People mock us.
Loosen up, man.