Riley eyeing Donte Williams

Williams is currently the secondary coach at Arizona and serves as a key West Coast recruiter for the Wildcats. Nebraska’s offer to Williams would make him a defensive passing game coordinator, where he would continue to work with the secondary and be heavily involved as a national recruiter.

I like the position we offered him.

not sure what kind of coverage u of a runs, i wonder if he would have to keep the much beloved quarters coverage or if he would be allowed to do his own thing

Guy on Arizona 247 board says Zona has the funds to match/exceed our offer. I don't know if he's legit.

If we really wanted him Arizona couldnt keep up with us in the $$$ department.
Not sure that's true. Every P5 program has a ton of revenue.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

With 10% of this coming from the academic side at U of A. The athletic department itself doesn't have the money Nebraska does and there's no way they are asking for a bigger subsidy to increase an assistant coaches salary.

Guy on Arizona 247 board says Zona has the funds to match/exceed our offer. I don't know if he's legit.

Not sure that's true. Every P5 program has a ton of revenue. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
With 10% of this coming from the academic side at U of A. The athletic department itself doesn't have the money Nebraska does and there's no way they are asking for a bigger subsidy to increase an assistant coaches salary.
Hey, cm is never wrong. All p5 programs make the same amount money. All p5 programs can pay as much as every other one to their coaches. Just look, all p5 programs coaches make the the same amount.
  • Fire 1

Not sure that's true. Every P5 program has a ton of revenue.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

It's not clear why the subsidy is set up that way (maybe a tax structure?) but per the chart (from what I can read on my phone), Arizona's revenue outpaces expenses by $8mm.

Which appears to double nebraska's "profit margin."

Not sure that's true. Every P5 program has a ton of revenue. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
Hey, cm is never wrong. All p5 programs make the same amount money. All p5 programs can pay as much as every other one to their coaches. Just look, all p5 programs coaches make the the same amount.

Resisting the urge to call you out on your foolish conclusion jumping.

I thought it was common knowledge that Texas and SMU make the same in football revenue?

I thought it was common knowledge how to distinguish between P5 schools and non-P5 schools.

Guess that's why common knowledge is said to be an oxymoron.

Good catch, Patrick.
  • Fire 4