Scott Frost wouldn't take Oregon job even for $8 million a year

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-oregon-mike-bianchi-1202-20161201-column.html

"When you recruit kids to come play for you and you agree to do something for a program; when you give your word to people, I think it's your responsibility to see those things through."

"I've been recruiting all week," Frost said Thursday. "On Tuesday, I drove to a [nearby] town in Florida, recruited and was back in Orlando that night. Yesterday, I drove to another town in Florida and was back at home last night. That's a lot different than flying all over the country and sleeping in a different state every night."

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to go in the "Other sports" section, not sure how I botched it.

• Fire 1

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-oregon-mike-bianchi-1202-20161201-column.html

"When you recruit kids to come play for you and you agree to do something for a program; when you give your word to people, I think it's your responsibility to see those things through."

"I've been recruiting all week," Frost said Thursday. "On Tuesday, I drove to a [nearby] town in Florida, recruited and was back in Orlando that night. Yesterday, I drove to another town in Florida and was back at home last night. That's a lot different than flying all over the country and sleeping in a different state every night."

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to go in the "Other sports" section, not sure how I botched it.

Should have said sleeping on a different recruits floor every night.

UCF coach Scott Frost wouldn't take Oregon job even if Phil Knight offered him $8 million a year

Ha ha! That's recruiting speak, for the benefit of the guys he's recruiting right now for UCF, because he knows he won't get offered the job at $8 million. If they offered him $8 million he would take the job. :lol:

UCF coach Scott Frost wouldn't take Oregon job even if Phil Knight offered him $8 million a year

Ha ha! That's recruiting speak, for the benefit of the guys he's recruiting right now for UCF, because he knows he won't get offered the job at $8 million. If they offered him $8 million he would take the job. :lol:

Yeah, we've all heard coaches say something like this in the morning and then accept another job that afternoon. Still, I was impressed with what he had to say.