More sobering statistics about our diminished running game

We are going to - presumably - try to throw much more to our RBs on the outside (swings, screens, etc) and this should help our backs get more opportunities to attack the outside of the defense where they have a chance to make CBs, Safeties and LBs 'miss' or break tackles and get broken field running opportunities. Running up the gut requires running backs with lots of power and 'push' and low running angles, and the ability to pick the right hole and not dance / hesitate. Hesitation leads nowhere running inside the tackles.

Newby is garbage and the run game will be a lot better next year

have you been drinking?
If there was a game on I would have to drink because that's how hard it is for me to watch him

Dude Newby was the best we had by a long shot. You are straight up smoking crack.

What games do you watch? He's the only back they ever let get into any type of rythym and he still wasn't very good. Even if he is our best back (which he is not) that doesn't make him not trash. Over the last two seasons when someone other than him got the bulk of the carries the run game looked a lot better

Newby wasn't trash. He wasn't great either. He ran his best as senior that was obvious; seemed to always be 1-2 steps away from great runs but just missed something.

Until we run downhill all the time OR have a passing game that can loosen the defense we will have 900-1000yd max rushers.

Our best RB doesn't even play. I have inside knowledge on that and it's still not much of a secret. If Mikale stays, I will be surprised.

He must practice like crap. I've liked what I've seen in the very little playing time he has

it really has nothing to do with his play.

Our best RB doesn't even play. I have inside knowledge on that and it's still not much of a secret. If Mikale stays, I will be surprised.

He must practice like crap. I've liked what I've seen in the very little playing time he has

Can he not learn the play book?? sh#t attitude? I've heard he can't pass block but I don't buy that because they are starting a guy who can't run so...

Can he not learn the play book?? sh#t attitude? I've heard he can't pass block but I don't buy that because they are starting a guy who can't run so...

He whiffed on a block in practice last year and has not heard the end of it. Mikale is also the more outspoken type and it does not fit Davis, at all. Wilbon gets in on certain packages and it's because of Langsdorf. He really likes him.

After watching Gebbia last night, we better have RB's that can catch the ball and make people miss.

Are you saying he needs the help or because he actually gets the ball to RBs? I haven't really watched him play

Gebbia gets the ball out faster than any HS QB I have seen. He throws it everywhere so RB's will get lots of chances to catch the ball and go. Wilbon and Bryant should feast. I see Ozigbo as the power back.

After watching Gebbia last night, we better have RB's that can catch the ball and make people miss.

Are you saying he needs the help or because he actually gets the ball to RBs? I haven't really watched him play

Gebbia gets the ball out faster than any HS QB I have seen. He throws it everywhere so RB's will get lots of chances to catch the ball and go. Wilbon and Bryant should feast. I see Ozigbo as the power back.

If Wilbon could catch the ball better and Oz could figure out how to pick up a blitz, they might have displaced Newby. The best all around running back we had played the most this year. You can whine and say he is trash all you want but it doesn't make it fact. But let's go over them shall we?

Newby rushed for 864 yards this year.

He only had 32 carries in the first 4 games...so most of his yards came after that in B1G play instead of piling up his yards against cupcakes.

His production began to decline about the same time (Ohio State) that we had 2-3 linemen down with ankle sprains

So, while the starting OL was healthy, he was productive. When they weren't, he wasn't. I'd say that's just about 98% of all RB's out there.

He put his time in here, suffered through coaching changes...all to have people in this thread say he was trash. I AM HORRIBLY ASHAMED OF THIS BEHAVIOR. You call yourselves fans? You don't trash your players no matter what. Effing ridiculous.

Is your last name Newby by any chance?