The Hire, the apparent Urgency is all about 2018...

It looks daunting now, Wisconsins schedule looked miserable this year and they came out just short of the playoffs....

It is curious how you draw Ohio St, Michigan, and Michigan State in one season?

Not only that, but all of them are on the road.

I mean if we get the 2019 schedule and all those teams come Lincoln, then okay. But the schedule makers in the Big 10 couldn't give us at least one of those games at home?

I think Mich St is in Lincoln.

Well, finishing 20-22 isn't going to win us any championships. I doubt we'll even finish that high; might not even crack the Top 25.

Only way I see us returning to top dog status is by hiring a big-name coach and proven winner and top recruiter that 4 and 5-star guys will come to Lincoln to play for. My choice? Les Miles. He has won a national title, played in another, has beaten Saban multiple times, has ties to the south, and is an excellent recruiter. Not to mention his son is coming to play here. Give Miles a 5-year deal to right the ship, then bring in Frost to continue it.

Miles won with Sabans guys and he didn't win the big one with mostly 4 or 5 star guys. Miles is a good Coach but he wouldn't just be able to reel in 5 stars from all over the country at nebraska. Any Coach at LSU will recruit well bc they are in one of the most talented areas in the country and the only big show in the state.
Les' name value alone would lure in better classes than what Riley has shown. Les would land plenty of Louisiana talent. He's won a NC. He's landed dozens of players in the pros. That's what recruits want to hear.
There is a big reason why Miles recruited a lot of Louisianna players...he coached at LSU. Not seeing enough Loosianna kids coming to N to make a big difference.

My point is, LSU can't offer every LA kid. Heck, Travis Etienne was just offered yesterday. Alonzo Moore is another example. Les has tremendous respect down here. If a kid can't go to LSU, many would go to play for Les. I also think he'd steal his share of LSU targets.