QB Grant Gunnell [Arizona - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

49 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gunnell commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Sounds like Langs is actually there today. 247 actually brought up what I did above of selling him on us waiting/holding off on 2018 class.

We offered his brother, 2017 WR, a preferred walk on spot.

Smart. Love it.

Did his brother walk on?
He hasn't decided. Has similar offer from Northwestern and some smaller schools.

Sounds like Langs is actually there today. 247 actually brought up what I did above of selling him on us waiting/holding off on 2018 class.

Smart. Love it.

Did his brother walk on?
He hasn't decided. Has similar offer from Northwestern and some smaller schools.
He'd probably have a few academic scholarships I'm assuming, but man that'd be an expensive place to walk on at.

I have faith that the coaches know what they are doing if they can secure this commitment and then not take a QB in 2018.

However, The elite teams in college football are NOT doing that. They are taking at least one QB every year regardless of starter or class size. That should indicate that the QB position is not an area that should be gambled on. If this QB won't commit because we take a 2018 QB, then so be it. There will be others in 2019 that will commit and look to compete. And if one or more decide to transfer, then so be it.

Smart. Love it.

Did his brother walk on?
He'd probably have a few academic scholarships I'm assuming, but man that'd be an expensive place to walk on at.

If the school is providing the academic scholarship, it has to be applied to the 85.

Smart. Love it.

Did his brother walk on?

If the school is providing the academic scholarship, it has to be applied to the 85.

only if he actually plays.

I have faith that the coaches know what they are doing if they can secure this commitment and then not take a QB in 2018.

However, The elite teams in college football are NOT doing that. They are taking at least one QB every year regardless of starter or class size. That should indicate that the QB position is not an area that should be gambled on. If this QB won't commit because we take a 2018 QB, then so be it. There will be others in 2019 that will commit and look to compete. And if one or more decide to transfer, then so be it.

Gunnell is not stating that a 2018 QB is an issue - it is actually us not wanting one if we get Gunnell. Agree that elite teams take a QB each cycle - however elite teams don't have holes in depth that we do. Fact is this will be a small class and we are going to grab mostly 4* players - fixing depth issues will be our #1 priority. Not taking a 18 QB will also help us hold on to the 3 QB's that we currently have - since there will be no one to pass them on the chart.

• Fire 1

Gunnell is not stating that a 2018 QB is an issue - it is actually us not wanting one if we get Gunnell. Agree that elite teams take a QB each cycle - however elite teams don't have holes in depth that we do. Fact is this will be a small class and we are going to grab mostly 4* players - fixing depth issues will be our #1 priority. Not taking a 18 QB will also help us hold on to the 3 QB's that we currently have - since there will be no one to pass them on the chart.

To be fair, you don't have a clue as to what will keep a QB here in 2018. Regardless if we bring in another QB or not. Plus, there is no guarantee Gunnell becomes a Husker at all. He still has 2 whole seasons of HS to play before he even steps foot on campus at NU. i would rather take my chances of being a bit thinner at another position and take a QB every year.

• Fire 2

To be fair, you don't have a clue as to what will keep a QB here in 2018. Regardless if we bring in another QB or not. Plus, there is no guarantee Gunnell becomes a Husker at all. He still has 2 whole seasons of HS to play before he even steps foot on campus at NU. i would rather take my chances of being a bit thinner at another position and take a QB every year.
Agree. We skip this year and POB or Tristan come out of next spring third on the depth chart and one decides to transfer, we have just two, with one a senior and the other would compete with Gunnel as a true frosh for starting job the next year. Slim pickings.

I wish we could skip one with our numbers but I think it's more important to get one this year than next.

• Fire 1

All three QBs, including Lee in particular, looked pretty good in the spring game but that's a LONG way from being a top 3 round QB after just one season in Lincoln. Nebraska has NOT, heretofore, been known as "NFL QB U" and won't start no matter how well Lee does UNLESS he is a heisman finalist. (Odds are about 1 in a 100 on that folks). Now, back to back all conference QB level play and he has a chance to get picked up by somebody in the 4th or 5th round or so. Anything better than that and we are playing in a play-off bowl or something. He's gonna need a heck of lot of help from the entire team to accomplish those kinds of feats I submit. Not sure anyone seriously is predicting about 12 wins this year are they?

All three QBs, including Lee in particular, looked pretty good in the spring game but that's a LONG way from being a top 3 round QB after just one season in Lincoln. Nebraska has NOT, heretofore, been known as "NFL QB U" and won't start no matter how well Lee does UNLESS he is a heisman finalist. (Odds are about 1 in a 100 on that folks). Now, back to back all conference QB level play and he has a chance to get picked up by somebody in the 4th or 5th round or so. Anything better than that and we are playing in a play-off bowl or something. He's gonna need a heck of lot of help from the entire team to accomplish those kinds of feats I submit. Not sure anyone seriously is predicting about 12 wins this year are they?

Like the #2 overall pick this year right?

• Fire 4
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Grant Gunnell [Arizona - Signed LOI]