What is the Problem

Welcome back, who ever you are. Maybe if you would have spent more time around here your post may have some bearing in reality. Pretty much everything you said was not true.

And anyone that believes we need to fire the staff over 3 losses need to figure out just where you want our program to go.

Hmmm. Maybe you should pass this info off to a couple of guys who are or were our athletic directors.

Changing coaches evey few years DOES NOT WORK.

At least this point is relevant.

There's been quite a few troll posts around here lately. What's up with that?

Stop. Pelini dug his own hole and Frankie was twiddling around a hole he shouldn't have been. They set up their own guillotines.

What?

Welcome back, who ever you are. Maybe if you would have spent more time around here your post may have some bearing in reality. Pretty much everything you said was not true.

And anyone that believes we need to fire the staff over 3 losses need to figure out just where you want our program to go.

Hmmm. Maybe you should pass this info off to a couple of guys who are or were our athletic directors.

Stop. Pelini dug his own hole and Frankie was twiddling around a hole he shouldn't have been. They set up their own guillotines.

What?

Pelini was a dick to his bosses and refused to alter his staff when complacency set in. Then he turned on everyone besides his staff and players.

Frank let his staff run amuck if you will, while he had dabbled in extra carricular activities of his own.

That pretty much sums it up.

What?
Pelini was a dick to his bosses and refused to alter his staff when complacency set in. Then he turned on everyone besides his staff and players.

Frank let his staff run amuck if you will, while he had dabbled in extra carricular activities of his own.

Don't really care about that stuff.

It's funny that when those 2 guys were canned, firing guys that averaged over 9 wins per year is no big deal but talking about firing a guy that won 9 games once and led us to our worst season since the 60s is some sort of program killing deal.

The curse of Solich lives on.

What?

You said what in response to them diggin their own holes, I summed it up.

You may not care about it, but that's why they were fired. They led themselves to the guillotine, not their records. Let's make that clear.

What?

You may not care about it, but that's why they were fired. They led themselves to the guillotine, not their records. Let's make that clear.

Apparently Urban Meyer wasn't buying that back when Solich was fired.

What?

No, Urban was smart enough to know that he would be taking over a team that didn't have very much talent with zero difference makers. Combine that with a fan base who had unrealistic expectations at the time and you will find the root cause of why nobody wanted the job.

• Fire 1

It has been years since I have posted on here. I have been scanning this place and am still trying to figure out why there are so many people that are so anti Huskers. I see people posting about how the qb situation is Riley,s fault. Are you frickin kidding me. Pelini left us with a bare cuboard and players that did not want to play. AKA AJ Bush. We have damn near doubled our wins from last year and at least Riley will fire incompetent coaches unlike pelini. Some people on here need to get ove the mid 90's.

We have a coach and staff that are recruiting as good as we can expect and exceeding many of my expectations. And anyone that believes we need to fire the staff over 3 losses need to figure out just where you want our program to go. Changing coaches evey few years DOES NOT WORK.

How about we enjoy the improvement and be happy we have a team that is at least finishing games for the most part and look to the future with this staff and the recruits they are bringing in. Players see these posts and if you think the negitive posts do not affect them and future recruits you are sadly mistaken.

RANT OVER

GO Huskers

GBR GBR GBR GBR

To me, Riley gets 2 more years minimum. If he completes 4 years, and we still have no championship, either conference or national, then we might have to start the "who's our next coach" conversation. But I want to make sure Riley is given every opportunity to succeed.

Personally, I think we will win the conference next year. We get a starting QB that can actually read the defense, find, and complete passes to open receivers in the 5-12 yard range, there's no telling how good this offense can be.

we will still be short some horses.......division champs would be big. national, not a chance........improvement would be nice.

I'd like to remind the poster quoted above that Nebraska was 7-0 heading into Wisconsin. The Huskers win that game and how does that change the direction of the season? We beat Wisconsin and maybe (probably) we don't beat Ohio State but the game is way closer than a 59 point thrashing. We lose to Ohio State, say 24-21 and are 8-1 at that point, we probably finish the season with all wins. We then get into the Big 10 championship game, and who knows what happens from there.

I realize there is a metric ton of conjecture in the paragraph above...

But I think that loss to Wisconsin beat Nebraska 3 times. 1 loss to the Badgers, a hangover loss to Ohio State the next week, and by the time they reached Iowa (where Tommy was playing at probably 60%) they were just zombie'ing through the motions.

Next year, Nebraska has Northwestern, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Iowa ALL in Lincoln. With improved QB play, we should be better. We'll definitely be better along both interior lines.

we NEED to be better up front on both sides of the ball........i constantly worry about the quality of linemen we recruit.

• Fire 1

It has been years since I have posted on here. I have been scanning this place and am still trying to figure out why there are so many people that are so anti Huskers. I see people posting about how the qb situation is Riley,s fault. Are you frickin kidding me. Pelini left us with a bare cuboard and players that did not want to play. AKA AJ Bush. We have damn near doubled our wins from last year and at least Riley will fire incompetent coaches unlike pelini. Some people on here need to get ove the mid 90's.

We have a coach and staff that are recruiting as good as we can expect and exceeding many of my expectations. And anyone that believes we need to fire the staff over 3 losses need to figure out just where you want our program to go. Changing coaches evey few years DOES NOT WORK.

How about we enjoy the improvement and be happy we have a team that is at least finishing games for the most part and look to the future with this staff and the recruits they are bringing in. Players see these posts and if you think the negitive posts do not affect them and future recruits you are sadly mistaken.

RANT OVER

GO Huskers

GBR GBR GBR GBR

To me, Riley gets 2 more years minimum. If he completes 4 years, and we still have no championship, either conference or national, then we might have to start the "who's our next coach" conversation. But I want to make sure Riley is given every opportunity to succeed.

Personally, I think we will win the conference next year. We get a starting QB that can actually read the defense, find, and complete passes to open receivers in the 5-12 yard range, there's no telling how good this offense can be.

we will still be short some horses.......division champs would be big. national, not a chance........improvement would be nice.

I'd like to remind the poster quoted above that Nebraska was 7-0 heading into Wisconsin. The Huskers win that game and how does that change the direction of the season? We beat Wisconsin and maybe (probably) we don't beat Ohio State but the game is way closer than a 59 point thrashing. We lose to Ohio State, say 24-21 and are 8-1 at that point, we probably finish the season with all wins. We then get into the Big 10 championship game, and who knows what happens from there.

I realize there is a metric ton of conjecture in the paragraph above...

But I think that loss to Wisconsin beat Nebraska 3 times. 1 loss to the Badgers, a hangover loss to Ohio State the next week, and by the time they reached Iowa (where Tommy was playing at probably 60%) they were just zombie'ing through the motions.

Next year, Nebraska has Northwestern, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Iowa ALL in Lincoln. With improved QB play, we should be better. We'll definitely be better along both interior lines.

we NEED to be better up front on both sides of the ball........i constantly worry about the quality of linemen we recruit.

This should be priority #1.

I remember the good ole days when we didn't care about who we played and where. We could play anybody; now we are in the Big 10 and Can't be Ohio State, Iowa or Wisconsin. We're in the big 10 west and only have to play Michigan or OSU every 5 years or so, which is a good thing? If we can't even hang with Iowa or Wisconsin, then putting the championship game on our team posters seems unbelievable. In the big 12, we would have to play either Texas and Oklahoma in the championship game! at least we made it to the championship game regularly. And we had some tough games, but I wish those days were back. Kids today don't remember us and NU is no longer on the radar as a national championship caliber team. The trips to columbus and madison and iowa city have sealed our near term fate. I still love NU, but worrying about schedules just shows where we have dropped to. Some of the reason we joined the Big 10 because we thought is would be easier, since it was our style of football. Go Big Red.

Who has actually said that we should fire the staff? Even everyone's favorite whipping boy never said it. I've seen people call for coordinators (which has happened with every fanbase since ever) or dead weight like Read, but not cleaning house.

But by all means, continue the crusade against this non existent group.

I'll be honest I don't see much improvement coming. O line is a mess and I don't see that getting better next year. D line is even worse and doesn't look good there. Take away suh years and our trench game has been garbage for 5-10 years now.

Both those lines were young - so should be better next year just by being a year older. Also it seems to be the consensus around here that a couple players were red shirted that could have helped. We are in on a few recruits that have potential to start or atleast will get playing time. We should be better in the trenches in 2017.

I actually think the lines played decently this year when fully healthy, depth is my biggest complaint about them. I really only noticed us getting blown off the line on either side of the ball when we got the injury bug and had to play top 10 teams. I understand that usually a struggling running game is linked to offensive line problems but I'm still a firm believer that our running struggles can mainly be linked to poor QB play. Of course it is partially our oline, but having Tommy back there throwing YOLO bombs with a 10 percent success rate and consistently missing swing and screen passes leaves defenses free to cheat up on the run. We aren't running the option with TD Tommy anymore, if we cant keep a good defense concerned with the pass they will be able to stop our running game.

On the D-line we were very young and I still felt like we got good play. I foresee big things for Freedom, Davis Twins, Stoltenberg, and we also have that 5 star DE Daishon waiting in the wings. The tape I have watched puts a lot of those big play runs on the LBs not the D-line.

I guess what I am getting at is QB is the position I am most concerned about getting up to speed. I feel if Lee or POB can be elite or even good QBs we will play with the big boys right away. Please note I am not saying we will crush Alabama and OSU. I am saying we will be able to play close games with them.

What?

No, Urban was smart enough to know that he would be taking over a team that didn't have very much talent with zero difference makers. Combine that with a fan base who had unrealistic expectations at the time and you will find the root cause of why nobody wanted the job.

And it continues on.