• UCLA
    • USC
    • Oregon
    • Oregon State
    • San Jose State
    • San Diego State
    • Arizona State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/06/2018 at 02:11 AM

Love Nikko. Got a lot of potential. I hope him the best wherever he goes.

But dad telling the world he's holding off on "our commitment" because he needs to make sure "we are picking the best place"... Let kids go, man. I don't care if he doesn't give Nebraska a fair shake. It's his life.

I feel differently - it's a big decision, and having a parent's support is essential to making the right one. There is a reason many families want their kids to at least try to see if there is a fit outside of CA. I didn't read it as "I want him to give NE a look" but read it as "he needs to slow down, check out all his options and then make a decision".

For some it truly is a family decision. Don't parents all want the best life for their kid? Some may have to guide them a bit - an 18 year old has trouble seeing the big picture sometimes. The kid needs to truly appreciate the recruiting experience. It's an opportunity to see the world in a sense, and shutting it down so early before seeing anything but the schools down the street isn't optimal. And guess what? Some parents want to try and avoid having their kid being the one that flips every time a new school offers, or after he visits another for a fall game.

Opting not to commit before your senior year is a decision I respect a great deal.

• Fire 5

I feel differently - it's a big decision, and having a parent's support is essential to making the right one. There is a reason many families want their kids to at least try to see if there is a fit outside of CA. I didn't read it as "I want him to give NE a look" but read it as "he needs to slow down, check out all his options and then make a decision".

For some it truly is a family decision. Don't parents all want the best life for their kid? Some may have to guide them a bit - an 18 year old has trouble seeing the big picture sometimes. The kid needs to truly appreciate the recruiting experience. It's an opportunity to see the world in a sense, and shutting it down so early before seeing anything but the schools down the street isn't optimal. And guess what? Some parents want to try and avoid having their kid being the one that flips every time a new school offers, or after he visits another for a fall game.

Opting not to commit before your senior year is a decision I respect a great deal.

Very well put. There is a fine line between making sure your kid does their due diligence and forcing their hand somewhere. This decision will decide where home is for the next few years and also choses who will massively influential on their character development. Even though his likely end spot is somewhere on the west coast, I respect the family for making him step out and take a look around more before making this huge decision.

Yeah - I don't get the sense that this is Darnay Holmes type situation. It was very apparent from early on (and certainly in the end) that his opinion on where he wanted to go was taking a back seat to several others. That was a sad situation to watch play out. (as was Calvin's when we all thought it was mamma pushing him - rather than what we found out in the end, which was that he was flakey).

• Mavric changed the title to WR Nikko Hall [Colorado State - Signed LOI]