What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU...

Redux

It means nothing...

Sadly...so does the current hire

Yet he's one win away from having a better season than Bo did in 7 years....even with two blowout losses.

See how easy that was?

Bo had a 10 win season. Are we just going to ignore his success to prop up a coach that hasn't done any better to win an internet argument?
You're ignoring proportion. I argued with Redux already, saying 10-4 with a CCG loss is better than 10-3 with no CCG.

But Riley's win percentage this year would be better than anything Bo ever did if he wins the bowl game.

And Bo played in an extra game. 3 times. I get proportions, but you're cherry picking. You're telling me if we win our Bowl game this will have been a better season than 2009?

With a blowout to Iowa and the worst blowout in decades to OSU. No CCG because of the loss to Wisconsin?

I guess LSU had the better season in 2011 than Alabama because they had more wins. We'll just ignore any other factors because we are making a point.

I'm pretty much doing nothing at all that you're saying I'm doing and you're arguing with something I don't even agree with.

I guess I'll just repeat myself. You missed his point. This is the best season we've had as far as proportion and losses. That was the only point of my response.

I told you already I argued with Redux but you ignored that as well and, thinking you were arguing with me, wrote 3 paragraphs. I had just stated (and stated it in response to Redux earlier in the topic):

10-4 with a CCG loss is better than 10-3 with no CCG

It means nothing...

Yet he's one win away from having a better season than Bo did in 7 years....even with two blowout losses.

See how easy that was?

Bo had a 10 win season. Are we just going to ignore his success to prop up a coach that hasn't done any better to win an internet argument?
You're ignoring proportion. I argued with Redux already, saying 10-4 with a CCG loss is better than 10-3 with no CCG.

But Riley's win percentage this year would be better than anything Bo ever did if he wins the bowl game.

And Bo played in an extra game. 3 times. I get proportions, but you're cherry picking. You're telling me if we win our Bowl game this will have been a better season than 2009?

With a blowout to Iowa and the worst blowout in decades to OSU. No CCG because of the loss to Wisconsin?

I guess LSU had the better season in 2011 than Alabama because they had more wins. We'll just ignore any other factors because we are making a point.

I'm pretty much doing nothing at all that you're saying I'm doing and you're arguing with something I don't even agree with.

I guess I'll just repeat myself. You missed his point. This is the best season we've had as far as proportion and losses. That was the only point of my response.

I told you already I argued with Redux but you ignored that as well and, thinking you were arguing with me, wrote 3 paragraphs. I had just stated (and stated it in response to Redux earlier in the topic):

The exact quote is "better season"

Winning percentage wasn't brought up until he was rightfully challenged. A 10 win season is a 10 win season. To try to claim this one would be better because we played fewer games is just a bad argument to make.

But since I apprently have to say it: yes I understand that If we win the bowl game this will be the best winning percentage since 2001 (I think). However that doesn't make it a better season and his argument that it is better is silly.

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

The exact quote is "better season"

Winning percentage wasn't brought up until he was rightfully challenged. A 10 win season is a 10 win season. To try to claim this one would be better because we played fewer games is just a bad argument to make.

But since I apprently have to say it: yes I understand that If we win the bowl game this will be the best winning percentage since 2001 (I think). However that doesn't make it a better season and his argument that it is better is silly.

Winning % was exactly what Redux was talking about. What else would it be? He even mentioned the 3 losses. And I argued it didn't make it a better season.

Last year, I only felt embarassed by Miami and Purdue. The rest we were winning until something stupid happened. By the time we lost to Iowa it was clear Iowa was on a run and we still outplayed them. This year, not so much.

Lowered expectations. Many of those losses were embarassing because our experienced coaching staff couldn't figure out how to manage the clock or call time outs and they never should have happened. Iowa was embarrassing because our offensive coordinator literally threw the game away.

Way more embarrassing than losing to Iowa state, A&M, or T Tech.

• Fire 2

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

10-3 without a conference championship game is not better than 10-4 with a conference championship loss.

That said this is Riley's 2nd season.

Better is a relative term. In this example, is it better to eat a dog turd from Labrador or from a Golden Retriever? 10-3 without a CCG or 10-4 and embarrassingly blown out in CCG.......I might take the 10-3 personally. So Labrador turd it is.

Stupid decision. Labradors are more likely to eat turds to begin with. So itd be like you're eating 2 turds.

Gotta go with the Golden.

• Fire 1

Is the difference between Bo's base salary and his NU contract paid by NU, or is it the difference between Bo's total compensation and his NU contract? In other words, if Bo gets a fat bonus for winning the national championship, does that mean NU gets a bonus because we pay Bo less?

Why are people still so worried about what we are still paying Bo?

• Fire 1

Is the difference between Bo's base salary and his NU contract paid by NU, or is it the difference between Bo's total compensation and his NU contract? In other words, if Bo gets a fat bonus for winning the national championship, does that mean NU gets a bonus because we pay Bo less?

I thought the title of the thread was "What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU..." What we are paying Bo may be the only impact of this game on NU.

• Fire 2

Because it works out to about $1.5 million per year for the next two and a half years. That's why.

• Fire 2

Because it works out to about $1.5 million per year for the next two and a half years. That's why.

I would rather have that money staying in the program being actually productive for Nebraska.

That's chump change for what NU is making annually.

Pelini's new reported salary equals the same as Youngstown State's previous coach Eric Wolford was making. According to the Youngstown Vindicator, Wolford's most recent contract gave him a base figure of $213,894, along with $50,000 in marketing compensation for television and radio shows, speaking engagements and sponsorships.

Pelini's new contract also calls for a $3,000 bonus for winning a league championship, a $3,000 bonus for every postseason game, and $20,000 for winning the national championship, Balash reported. Those are the same bonus numbers Wolford had.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/pelini-salary-doesn-t-take-much-off-nu-s-plate/article_6fe317c4-f365-11e4-9a76-5fb40292240e.html

lol.....nice choice of words.

Really??? Hmmmm....

The entire athletic department had a budget of around 100,000,000 in the 2014-2015 year. That's for 24 sports.

The entire recruiting budget for football was 1,200,000. So, as we sit here wishing we were being a bigger force in recruiting, Bo got paid more from us to sit in Ohio than our entire recruiting budget for the program.

Your definition of "chump change" is much different than mine.

• Fire 1