OWH: Tough Weekend for Eichorst

Mavric

lot's of negativity from the OWH towards the Big Red lately.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I guess they're generating clicks or something by stirring up the coals. Oh well. It's just typical Weird Herald. :hmmph:

Meh, they were pumping the football team and generating clicks off of a lot of positive content through the first half of the season. Now, a lot of things haven't gone well (in more areas than football) so that's what they're talking about.

Are people really sending "snarky emails" to the leader of the states largest multi million dollar university athletics department? If so, what the hell is society coming to? Stuff would have to rise to a pretty bad level before I would actually email him.

Email has made people a$$hole$
to push your point further, social media in general has made people a$$hole$

Are people really sending "snarky emails" to the leader of the states largest multi million dollar university athletics department? If so, what the hell is society coming to? Stuff would have to rise to a pretty bad level before I would actually email him.

So true

The relative anonymity of the internet is to blame.

The volleyball loss was painful but not unexpected for me. It seems to me that Cook's 'best teams' according to all the pundits in terms of talent and therefore expectations in general, tend to face plant when the big moments come. I would venture that being the women's VB coach is one of the tougher coaching gigs out there as the psychological challenges in dealing with college age women are many and complex. Girls become women and the physical, mental and emotional changes, etc have got to be just much more difficult than dealing with similarly aged young men. Just a consideration - not meant to stir up some big debate about the differences vs lack thereof of men's vs. women's sports and the sexes in general.

"I would venture that being the women's VB coach is one of the tougher coaching gigs out there as the psychological challenges in dealing with college age women are many and complex. Girls become women and the physical, mental and emotional changes, etc have got to be just much more difficult than dealing with similarly aged young men. Just a consideration - not meant to stir up some big debate about the differences vs lack thereof of men's vs. women's sports and the sexes in general."

:(

There is an old saying 84. 'Sometimes, less is more'

• Fire 2

The volleyball loss was painful but not unexpected for me. It seems to me that Cook's 'best teams' according to all the pundits in terms of talent and therefore expectations in general, tend to face plant when the big moments come. I would venture that being the women's VB coach is one of the tougher coaching gigs out there as the psychological challenges in dealing with college age women are many and complex. Girls become women and the physical, mental and emotional changes, etc have got to be just much more difficult than dealing with similarly aged young men. Just a consideration - not meant to stir up some big debate about the differences vs lack thereof of men's vs. women's sports and the sexes in general.

Periods, AMIRITE?

• Fire 1

It's disappointing the Nebraska volleyball team lost to Texas, but making it to the final 4 is a hell of an accomplishment. I wouldn't think too many nebraska vb fans are too overly disappointed with how the vb season went. Really the volleyball team is one of the few good things going for Nebraska athletics in the last 15 years. That said, looking at all the other sports at this point, there really isn't a lot to be excitement for right now. I'm not too excited about the bowl game cause i can see it becoming a blowout on national tv again and the basketball teams aren't fun to watch... At all. It's awful.

How much patience is Shawn Eichorst given if these trends in athletics stay the same or get worse?

Periods, AMIRITE?

Plus, they all become cycle sisters because they spend so much time together.

It would be funny to hear a post match press conference

from a losing women's coach "well, this was tough. Texas is a great team, but our team had trouble preparing earlier this week because they were all bitchy with each other, and some of the players today were dealing with really bad cramps."