Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

Fiscal Responsibility, according to Trump.

Come defend this all you fiscal conservatives.

No fiscal conservative would call Trump conservative. Stop dumping him into that camp. I don't call him a moderate either only an opportunist - doing whatever it takes to make himself look good. He would have gone liberal if that was the quickest way to the top. Remember before he ran he held all kinds of liberal positions or so he said.

I think you're missing the point. He isn't calling Trump a fiscal conservative, he's asking why the fiscal conservatives aren't raking Trump over the coals for this like they did to Obama who was spending WAY less.

4152e9edb09b1ea1065b1bcc27bd5c82_great-g

• Fire 1

The one bloc that really blows my mind is the Evangelical Christians.

I thought surely there is no way he'll excel with that group. Surely none of them would consider Trump a man of God.

I thought wrong. You go to a mass or two for the cameras, talk about Two Corinthians, and bingo. Either they decided he was one of them, decided he was worth stomaching to get to a Gorsuch, or some combination of the two.

• Fire 2

The one bloc that really blows my mind is the Evangelical Christians.

I thought surely there is no way he'll excel with that group. Surely none of them would consider Trump a man of God.

I thought wrong. You go to a mass or two for the cameras, talk about Two Corinthians, and bingo. Either they decided he was one of them, decided he was worth stomaching to get to a Gorsuch, or some combination of the two.

This is why I no longer identify as an evangelical, and part of the reason I was recently fired from my job in ministry at a church.

No worries! I'm honestly mostly relieved. I'd wanted out for a while, as I don't feel like I can be a part of the institution/system of power that comes with that faith tradition, I just figured it would be on my terms and that I'd have something lined up before it happened. The biggest bummer comes from not having a steady paycheck, but I'm sure I'll find something permanent in due time and until then plenty of people are offering my freelance gigs.

Glad to hear you're OK with your situation Landlord - work transitions are always tough, doubly so if you're not expecting it.

Sounds like things were maybe heading that way and this just progressed them a bit.

Good luck finding something that suits you better, man. Evangelicals are an interesting bunch.

^^^^^ So if The Donald is watching it and everyone knows he is watching it and he is such a trend setter so we watch it so that all of our friends know we watch it and think we are cool because Donald is soooo cool also and we all know "Everyone wants to be like Donald"(or was that Mike?) Our facebook world comes to the White House.

• 3 weeks later...