Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

• 3 weeks later...

Also in Ohio, Trump takes credit of the Choice bill.  A bill that McCain had a big role in.   So on one hand Trump trashes McCain and his legacy and on the other hand he takes credit for

a bill that had McCain involvement with creating.  All Trump did was sign an expansion of a bill previously passed under Obama.

The guy is certifiable :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-takes-credit-law-named-122540755.html

TRUMP: "The vets were on my side because I got the job done. I got Choice, and I got accountability. ... For many decades, they couldn't get it done. It was never done. I got it. Five months ago, I got it done. Choice." — remarks in Ohio.

THE FACTS: What Trump got done was an expansion of the program achieved by McCain and Sen. Bernie Sanders, most prominent among the lawmakers who advanced the legislation signed by Obama.

McCain was a co-sponsor of the 2014 legislation to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs following a scandal at VA's medical center in Phoenix, where some veterans died while waiting months for appointments for medical care. He was a key negotiator for the legislation establishing the Veterans Choice program, working with Sanders, the co-author of the bill. Sanders was then chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee.

McCain didn't rest after the law was enacted. He fought to expand the program and achieved that, too, in his last months.

Congress approved the expansion in May and Trump signed the legislation in June. It's named after three veterans who served in Congress.

One of them is McCain.

It's called the John S. McCain III, Daniel K. Akaka, and Samuel R. Johnson VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...