Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

taken from the article:

The latest catalyst: It appears that a formal transition from President Donald Trump to President-elect Joe Biden is finally underway.

And that follows more promising coronavirus vaccine developments on Monday, as well as sources confirming to CNN that former Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen will be Biden's nominee for Treasury Secretary.

Shares of travel related companies, such as airlines, cruise lines and hotels, also continued to rebound on hopes of a more normal economy in 2021. Shares of Carnival (CCL), Delta (DAL) and Marriott (MAR) were all higher.

I guess reading is fundamental:  less uncertainties combined with the prospects of a  partially stable 2021.   Didn’t see the “yeah Trump is gone, buy, buy, buy, sentiment listed”. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

taken from the article:

The latest catalyst: It appears that a formal transition from President Donald Trump to President-elect Joe Biden is finally underway.

And that follows more promising coronavirus vaccine developments on Monday, as well as sources confirming to CNN that former Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen will be Biden's nominee for Treasury Secretary.

Shares of travel related companies, such as airlines, cruise lines and hotels, also continued to rebound on hopes of a more normal economy in 2021. Shares of Carnival (CCL), Delta (DAL) and Marriott (MAR) were all higher.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Dow: 18,259.60, +371.32, (+2.08%) S&P 500: 2,131.52, +46.34, (+2.22%) Nasdaq: 5,166.17, +119.80, (+2.37%)Nov 7, 2016

4 years ago they must have been so exited that Trump will be gone in 2020 that has to account for the 12,000 point gain. 

I'll give Trump credit, certain industries thrived under him and it showed in the market. Tech surged. The market under Obama was in a good place the he took over. Volatility in the last year due to COVID and response has been bumpy as hell (what do I care, I'm in for the next 30 years). Vaccine + Biden screams stability, good for the markets right now. A lotta people made a lotta money due to Trump's market. I'm hoping Biden provides a boom in the energy sector. 

• Plus1 2