Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

He did nothing. He called Kevin Warren once, Warren basically blew him off, and the Big Ten relied on science and medical experts to make their decision (and a couple of pending lawsuits greased the wheels).

But of course Trump is going to take credit for playing a role in this.

Mississippi.  These utter clowns.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He did nothing. He called Kevin Warren once, Warren basically blew him off, and the Big Ten relied on science and medical experts to make their decision (and a couple of pending lawsuits greased the wheels).

image.png.c64cd5c83aea8c8a2eed374cb4a661d9.png

The new B1G!

*Screw you Michigan!

Edited by deedsker
Screw you Michigan
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Gee....wonder why she was told to list the states.  

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

Whoever wrote her cue cards must have used the state abbreviations, but expecting members of the Trump administration to know their states is too much intellectual effort. I mean there are a lot of states that start with M, who the hell knows that MI stands for Michigan?!?! (other than fifth graders and above who have taken geography) 

I'm impressed that she got the other states right without having them all spelled out phonetically. She clearly stumbled for a beat before saying Nebraska though.

12 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Whoever wrote her cue cards must have used the state abbreviations, but expecting members of the Trump administration to know their states is too much intellectual effort. I mean there are a lot of states that start with M, who the hell knows that MI stands for Michigan?!?! (other than fifth graders and above who have taken geography) 

I'm impressed that she got the other states right without having them all spelled out phonetically. She clearly stumbled for a beat before saying Nebraska though.

NE = New England in her mind, probably.

27 minutes ago, GSG said:

Before she retired, my mom's work involved her talking to a lot of people out of state. It's kind of insane the amount of people who think NE = New England :facepalm:

Given the population density in the northeast, I would say it may be the majority thinking for the entire American population.

Sometimes I imagine just an entire staff of relatively unknown, incognito folks in the White House whose entire job description is to stay in touch with nationally relevant topics that the president could in any way tie back to being responsible for... even if it's in a modest to virtually non-existent capacity.

Oh wait yeah sorry that's just how pr/communications works in the White House these days my bad.

Real leaders don't treat these types of morsels as steak dinners for their own selfless promotion.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This buffoon doesn't get that the stock market is rising because they're excited he's leaving office

That’s just not true.   The market has been rising since the initial Pfizer news.  It’s vaccine related, though it could be a sugar high if unemployment starts to rise again because of the shutdowns. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s just not true.   The market has been rising since the initial Pfizer news.  It’s vaccine related, though it could be a sugar high if unemployment starts to rise again because of the shutdowns. 

most of the trump administration was a sugar high because every time there was a hiccup in the economy he would throw a trillion dollars into the economy to keep it pumped up.  biden will not have that same tool to use as mitch will block any such money to boost the biden economy

3 minutes ago, commando said:

most of the trump administration was a sugar high because every time there was a hiccup in the economy he would throw a trillion dollars into the economy to keep it pumped up.  biden will not have that same tool to use as mitch will block any such money to boost the biden economy

Not denying that happens and it’s no different than the treasury policy during the Obama years.   Free money all around isn’t sustainable and I hope you agree it’s been happening since long before Trump.  

and I hope you will agree that @knapplcwas spewing nonsense when he said the market is rising because everyone in the market is happy Trump is leaving which is just not true.  It’s vaccine and treasury related upswing. 

• Plus1 2