Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

That's a tough one to put in here.

No, Trump hasn't done anything while in office to make the economy better, yet. But.....it does appear him winning the election does have people more confident in the stock market which causes it to go up.

Personally, I think there is going to be some type of correction in the next couple of years. If he is taking credit for this, is he going to take blame for the correction?

You're asking questions you already know the answer to.

I agree with your and StPaul's assessment of why the market is doing what it is doing.

Obama helped the Dow climb almost 12,000 points after nearly collapsing.

It's good to see the stock market doing well. But I'm old enough to remember W and what his massive deregulation brought us. Good things for a while, then the financial sector got greedy, people started getting ripped off, and things fell apart.

Better hope and pray that doesn't happen again. Conservatives already have Dodd-Frank in their sights.

That's a tough one to put in here.

No, Trump hasn't done anything while in office to make the economy better, yet. But.....it does appear him winning the election does have people more confident in the stock market which causes it to go up.

Personally, I think there is going to be some type of correction in the next couple of years. If he is taking credit for this, is he going to take blame for the correction?

You're asking questions you already know the answer to.

I agree with your and StPaul's assessment of why the market is doing what it is doing.

Obama helped the Dow climb almost 12,000 points after nearly collapsing.

It's good to see the stock market doing well. But I'm old enough to remember W and what his massive deregulation brought us. Good things for a while, then the financial sector got greedy, people started getting ripped off, and things fell apart.

Better hope and pray that doesn't happen again. Conservatives already have Dodd-Frank in their sights.

It goes back well before W. It goes back to Regan all the way through W. Regan set Wall street loose, the Bush's and Clinton did nothing to stop it, and encourage deregulation. Obama really did nothing either. Everything that happened in 2008 could pretty much happen again.

Donald, about those jobs...

Trump touts his role in Exxon announcement, but the plan predates his presidency

It's the latest in a string of corporate announcements about jobs and investments that date back to plans companies largely made when Barack Obama was president.

The statement released by the White House quoted Woods as telling a petroleum conference in Houston that private sector investment is "enhanced" by Trump's support for a "stable regulatory environment."

But the statement also acknowledged that Exxon's "Growing the Gulf" program involves investments that started in 2013 and are expected to continue through 2022, at least.

Trump has credited his policies for a variety of corporate announcements — by Ford, Fiat Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Intel and more — that reflect decisions made before his presidency.

So I guess what Trump's really saying is, "Thanks, Obama!"

• Fire 1

Donald, about those jobs...

Trump touts his role in Exxon announcement, but the plan predates his presidency

It's the latest in a string of corporate announcements about jobs and investments that date back to plans companies largely made when Barack Obama was president.

The statement released by the White House quoted Woods as telling a petroleum conference in Houston that private sector investment is "enhanced" by Trump's support for a "stable regulatory environment."

But the statement also acknowledged that Exxon's "Growing the Gulf" program involves investments that started in 2013 and are expected to continue through 2022, at least.

Trump has credited his policies for a variety of corporate announcements — by Ford, Fiat Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Intel and more — that reflect decisions made before his presidency.

So I guess what Trump's really saying is, "Thanks, Obama!"

Sadly, many Americans have no idea and are just along for Mr. Trump's Wild Ride.

• Fire 1

Anybody else find it interesting that his tirade this weekend was about wire taps and then the Wikileaks thing came out a few days later. We knew his campaign was getting advance notice of what they were releasing but do you suppose that's still occurring and that he's just too scrambled to remember that he shouldn't tweet about it BEFORE it comes out?

What I find interesting is....

During campaign =

"Hillary is careless"

"I love Wikilieaks"

"Hacking of the DNC showed the truth"

"Hillary is pathetic because she couldn't stop the hacking"

"Russia, please hack Hillary"

"I see no problem with Russia"

"I love Putin"

As President =

"I'm awesome"

"The illegal leaks are the problem"