What I want to see next year...

After watching the bowl game I have come to fully accept that NU lacks talent across the board. How many guys get drafted this year? 1 or 2, perhaps 3. How many get drafted next year? 1 or 2. This is not a Michigan or Florida job where instant success is possible. This is a total rebuild.

How did Clemson get to where they are? Dabo was hired midseason and played Bo in the bowl game, both first year HC's. Dabo finished that year 6-7, followed that with 9-5 division champ, then 6-7, then 10-4 off and running.

It takes that long to get the talent to the field. It sucks being patient.

Tommy was just never meant to be a passing QB, he hit his ceiling from the first time he became starter.

Really because last time I checked he's statistically better than any QB in program history. So if that was his ceiling, then I would say his career was an overall success.
It also took him 4 years to accomplish that so...

So? You can't take away Tommy's accomplishments just because he didn't win a championship for you. Sure, I could say if Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor had 4 years maybe Tommy doesn't pass them on the all-time charts. Even so, I think you have to give the man credit for his time at UNL.

Tommy was just never meant to be a passing QB, he hit his ceiling from the first time he became starter.

Really because last time I checked he's statistically better than any QB in program history. So if that was his ceiling, then I would say his career was an overall success.
So? You can't take away Tommy's accomplishments just because he didn't win a championship for you. Sure, I could say if Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor had 4 years maybe Tommy doesn't pass them on the all-time charts. Even so, I think you have to give the man credit for his time at UNL.

Frazier is the greatest college QB to play the game. His number is retired. He's in the Collrge FB hall of fame.

I love Armstrong's heart and fearlessness, but he isn't half as talented as Frazier.

Tommy did accomplish a lot statistically. Good on him, it's awesome.

He did not, however, earn any titles or worthwile completion percentages. Cherry picking goes both ways. He was a great athlete and statistically he will be remembered for it. But when you look at it as a whole, he didn't exactly deliver.

Burn the playbook for the running game.

Incorporate a new running style similar to, oh I don't know, the countless teams that utilize speed of their RB's to the outside? And occasionally take it inside.

A pass rush that when you send them and the opponent senses it, actually brings down the QB (looking at you DE's)

Big Ten linebackers (All the really good teams in the league have these set of guys that can do it all. It's a group of hard nose hitters and speed guys that just make plays)

A Big Ten OLINE (take a look around, it's easy to see)

A really good quarterback that is consistent from start to finish on Saturdays. Where's our All-American guy? Not literally, but a QB that gets the job done well and is one of the best in league.

Some play action and misdirection wouldn't hurt.

Speed. Not saying everywhere, but definitely where it's always needed (and obvious)

Points. Not necessary a shootout caliber team, but be dangerous enough that the league knows it will be a hard task to keep this offense under 35-40 to have a chance.

I mean, we are in the BIG. The blueprint for this league is there. Why not just do what the great teams do, but just do it as good, if not better?

recruiting, coaching, scheme = good head coach and competent assistants

A QB who can quickly find the most open receiver, an offensive line that helps facilitate that. A defensive line that can get to the opponents QB, consistently good tackling (we saw it a few times this year). Solid special teams, how about a few kick returns.

I personally think the best we can hope for is to match this years record, while working in a pro style QB and fully transitioning to the Riley offense, although PSU's success suggests it could happen in one year. I agree with McKewon that we should go up tempo as well.

I'll be ecstatic if we can go one step beyond this years accomplishments in beating one of either Wisconsin or Iowa... look to 2018 as the big jump.

• Fire 1

I want to see 9+ wins, and 0 blow out losses. I want to see a bowl victory. I want to see the offense we haven't been able to really run on full display.

I want the huskers to be good enough to play in nationally televised games, and I want to see them play respectably.

I want to see the B1G not get pounded in during the bowl season.

A QB who can quickly find the most open receiver, an offensive line that helps facilitate that. A defensive line that can get to the opponents QB, consistently good tackling (we saw it a few times this year). Solid special teams, how about a few kick returns.

I personally think the best we can hope for is to match this years record, while working in a pro style QB and fully transitioning to the Riley offense, although PSU's success suggests it could happen in one year. I agree with McKewon that we should go up tempo as well.

I'll be ecstatic if we can go one step beyond this years accomplishments in beating one of either Wisconsin or Iowa... look to 2018 as the big jump.

You have seen the 2018 schedule right?

Honestly, it's division title or bust. We should win all of our games in our division next year considering we stockpiled all of this talent, and we should at least pick off Oregon and/or tOSU. And zero blowout losses. I'd say 10-2/11-1 and a trip to Indy.

What I want to see next year is less jaded fans posting in forums...especially considering that they are jaded because they feel entitled

....because honestly, you guys that are that way that continue to bag on players and staff...you guys really need to gtfo.

Support the team WE HAVE....not the team we don't have.

Support the staff WE HAVE...not some random idea in your mind that should be better but would fail miserably because you ate a moron sammich.

Let's try being FANS instead of armchair QB's this next year. You're not better at defensive strategy than Banker...and you're not better at offensive strategy than Langs. Stop acting like you are...it's tiresome, boring and trite.

giphy.gif

It's been 17 years since Nebraska won a conference title, and 15 years since the Huskers played in a big time bowl game.

Wanting to get out of a slump that's nearing two decades isn't remotely "entitled."

• Fire 2

What I want to see next year is less jaded fans posting in forums...especially considering that they are jaded because they feel entitled

....because honestly, you guys that are that way that continue to bag on players and staff...you guys really need to gtfo.

Support the staff WE HAVE...not some random idea in your mind that should be better but would fail miserably because you ate a moron sammich.

Let's try being FANS instead of armchair QB's this next year. You're not better at defensive strategy than Banker...and you're not better at offensive strategy than Langs. Stop acting like you are...it's tiresome, boring and trite.

giphy.gif

It's been 17 years since Nebraska won a conference title, and 15 years since the Huskers played in a big time bowl game.

Wanting to get out of a slump that's nearing two decades isn't remotely "entitled."

Because that's what I was referring to when saying entitled (hint: It's not). It's good when you can pick out a single specificity from a vague statement.

Then perhaps clear up your statement, because that line, followed by your supporting statements, boils down to that idea.

"You don't know more than the coaches, you're not allowed to question what's happening."

You're rarely see me bag on the players (unless they do stupid stuff ala Gerry), but the coaches are paid millions of dollars. They can handle it.

giphy.gif

Because that's what I was referring to when saying entitled (hint: It's not). It's good when you can pick out a single specificity from a vague statement.

Then perhaps clear up your statement, because that line, followed by your supporting statements, boils down to that idea.

"You don't know more than the coaches, you're not allowed to question what's happening."

You're rarely see me bag on the players (unless they do stupid stuff ala Gerry), but the coaches are paid millions of dollars. They can handle it.

Do not get into a slap war here Saunders, you won't survive it!

giphy.gif

You like inferring a lot eh?...almost like you just have me figured out and know everything I'm thinking?

Didn't say either of those things.

But please do continue to put words into my mouth.

So, what did you mean then?

• Fire 1