Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

On 7/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, JJ Husker said:

A guy I did a favor for is going to give me a bottle of Crown Royal XR

bottle-cr-xr-red.png

I’ve never been much of a Canadian Whisky fan (more of a bourbon guy) but this stuff sounds like it’s pretty good and it sure is pricey.  Should I be excite?

@NUance ?

The welshing SOB hasn't coughed it up yet ....

I’m jealous when I see this thread. I really like whisky. But, not too long ago I realized it’s one thing that I’m really good at. I mean, I’m really good at drinking whisky. It might be the one thing I can say I’m better than anyone at when at a bar. 

So, I’ve realized that it’s best if I stick to the good beer thread. 

On 7/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, Saunders said:

Help me out, I swear I remember seeing something about a new Omaha/Nebraska made bourbon within the last couple weeks. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

As far as I know there's only two. Cut Spike and Soldier Valley. I haven't lived in Nebraska for awhile though. I'm excited I just found this thread, I've got about 35 bottles of whiskey in the house a bunch of which I still haven't tried. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

On 7/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, RedSavage said:

Had some of this the other day and was surprised by how smooth it is.  Very reasonably priced too.

Image result for breckenridge distillery whiskey

As a new resident in Colorado, I bought a bottle of this last week.  It's almost gone.  I'll keep a bottle around going forward.  I was gifted a bottle of Angel's Envy and it's really good too.  I was branching into scotch more than bourbon, but after trying these, bourbon might be the go-to.  I do keep good to great scotch in a decanter, either for guests, or with a cigar.  Currently have Chivas Regal Extra Scotch Whisky in there now, and really like it.  I think someone mentioned Glenmorangie earlier.  I keep the 10 year Original on hand for guests who might not have a palate for scotch.  It's cheapish, and there's almost no bite.  It's not very flavorful, for my taste, but that's what you get if you want something cheap without the burn.  

I have bottles of Crown Royal Rye, 7 Leguas Tequila, Casamigos Tequila, Santa Teresa Rum and Brinley Gold Rum that I haven't tasted yet.  

On 6/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, Calvin said:

Also, does anyone use Flaviar?  That's where I've been getting most of my bottles.  And they can get their hands on some of the brands mentioned in this thread that you'd normally have to cross a border to get.  

Shipped alcohol restrictions:

Kansas "Cannot exceed 12 standard cases of wine of one brand or a combination of brands into this state to any one consumer or address per calendar year"

Nebraska "               "

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s a sad day. 

I think today is a day that we all put aside our differences...that the crazy linkers stop linking...that the people that hate laughing stop the hate...that the people get mad over nothing don't get mad...and we reflect on what really matters...this tragic loss of booze!

Speaking of which...anyone here every try to make their own shine?

• Plus1 1
On 7/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, teachercd said:

I think today is a day that we all put aside our differences...that the crazy linkers stop linking...that the people that hate laughing stop the hate...that the people get mad over nothing don't get mad...and we reflect on what really matters...this tragic loss of booze!

Speaking of which...anyone here every try to make their own shine?

I've never tried it but I had a friend (celly)  make hooch once. It was good.

Kidding about the celly.