Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

On 10/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, RedDenver said:

What's the small bottle in front?

Finally tried it last night.  Willet is probably not a Bourbon aficionados favorite.  But I liked it quite a bit.  It has a light Bourbon burn with very minty and Christmas type spices.  A cold weather night by tbe fire type Bourbon for sure.  Very nice I thought.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Now, let me tell you about this!

rye_801x.jpg?v=1595959562

That my friends is the best Rye I've ever had and it's not even close.  Before trying this my top 3 was

1. Bulleit

2. Pendelton 1910

3. High West Rendezvous

And Bulleit was a clear #1.  Not any more.  This stuff could almost be mistaken for Irish or Scotch.  This stuff has THE best Rye flavor there is.  I got it at a steal under $40, usually around $50 or so.  GET this bottle, thank me later.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've thought about blending it with a decent Irish whiskey....but, I don't want to ruin the Irish.

I'm too cheap to dump it.

I would pick up some bargain scotch with no peat to blend it with.  Eventually you'll find it drinkable.  I recommend Famous Grouse.  A handle is $30 at Wal Mart.

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

I would pick up some bargain scotch with no peat to blend it with.  Eventually you'll find it drinkable.  I recommend Famous Grouse.  A handle is $30 at Wal Mart.

Or...since I've proven over the many years that I can be a sort of masochist when it comes to alcohol....I'll probably just suffer through finishing it off.  It will instill in my brain the fact that it's bad.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or...since I've proven over the many years that I can be a sort of masochist when it comes to alcohol....I'll probably just suffer through finishing it off.  It will instill in my brain the fact that it's bad.

I'll try to find some peat heavy scotch cocktail ideas for you.  Laphroaig ruins taste buds, I won't let that happen to you.

• Haha 1