Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

On 12/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

My brother and I aren't huge Scotch guys, but we got into my dads stash on Christmas one year and found the Johnnie Double Black, we both fell in love. Now whenever we're together we try to find the smokiest stuff we can get our hands on. Different strokes for different folks!

Ardbeg 10 for you then

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Picked up one of these the other day because I wanted to expand my Whiskey game beyond Skrewball but we are currently broke.

Kirkland-6yr-Canadian-Whisky.jpg

Pretty good for the money ($~20). Not a big Crown guy but it's supposed to be fairly indistinguishable. The whole lineup of Costco hard alcohols and how they are sourced compared to brand names is lowkey kind of fascinating.

Overall Costco's alcohol selection gets a thumbs up. They get an interesting rotation of seasonal and local brews up here in MI. Their American Vodka is inexpensive as hell and not awful.

• Plus1 2

On 3/16/2021 at 8:53 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Picked up one of these the other day because I wanted to expand my Whiskey game beyond Skrewball but we are currently broke.

Kirkland-6yr-Canadian-Whisky.jpg

Pretty good for the money ($~20). Not a big Crown guy but it's supposed to be fairly indistinguishable. The whole lineup of Costco hard alcohols and how they are sourced compared to brand names is lowkey kind of fascinating.

Overall Costco's alcohol selection gets a thumbs up. They get an interesting rotation of seasonal and local brews up here in MI. Their American Vodka is inexpensive as hell and not awful.

Hmmm, that's good to know.  My brother consistently comes over and vaporizes my Crown on a regular basis and rarely replaces it.  Might have to pick some of this stuff up, pour it in a Crown bottle and see if he notices the difference.  Spoiler alert, he won't.

I hear you on the Costco/Kirkland stuff.  Apparently Kirkland makes a Citra Hop IPA that is supposed to be pretty solid.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Hmmm, that's good to know.  My brother consistently comes over and vaporizes my Crown on a regular basis and rarely replaces it.  Might have to pick some of this stuff up, pour it in a Crown bottle and see if he notices the difference.  Spoiler alert, he won't.

I hear you on the Costco/Kirkland stuff.  Apparently Kirkland makes a Citra Hop IPA that is supposed to be pretty solid.

I've eyed that Citra Hop multiple times but I don't know if I can justify more beer right now :lol:

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow.... :horns

My go-to bourbons are still Makers Mark and Bulleit.  I think they have the perfect bite for my taste under $50. 

If I spend more for Bourbon or say, a Japanese Whisky, it is too good.  I actually like Japa Whisky.....  It is extremely worth it, but I go through it too easily and too quickly.  Scotch though, def spending the bucks but I'm ok with my go-to's for satisfaction...

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/8/2023 at 2:49 PM, admo said:

Wow.... :horns

My go-to bourbons are still Makers Mark and Bulleit.  I think they have the perfect bite for my taste under $50. 

If I spend more for Bourbon or say, a Japanese Whisky, it is too good.  I actually like Japa Whisky.....  It is extremely worth it, but I go through it too easily and too quickly.  Scotch though, def spending the bucks but I'm ok with my go-to's for satisfaction...

You may like to try Yellowstone sometime.  It’s been my go to for sometime now if I’m not going with a pricier Bourbon. 

• Oh Yeah! 3
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You may like to try Yellowstone sometime.  It’s been my go to for sometime now if I’m not going with a pricier Bourbon. 

Thanks I will give it a try this summer.  I just picked up Oak Cliff Bourbon - a cheaper local spirit that I get once a year.  Came out around 2012. 

Although ice and heavy spashes of diet coca-cola are needed :lol:  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 6 months later...