Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

On 10/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, Xmas32 said:

Has anyone here had any experiences with Japanese whisky?  One of my buddies absolutely swears by it and keeps telling me to pick up a bottle of Yamazaki 12.  I'll have to hit one of the local whisky bars and try a dram or 2.

I hear good things as well.  I have a few samples I have yet to try.  Hibiki is the one I see talked about the most.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....found a Black Label.

Still not as good as many other Scotches.

Definitely not.  Red and Black label are combination blends of some verynlow quality young scotches I suspect.  Green label boasts a 15yr age statement which is why it tastes so much more appealing.

5 hours ago, Redux said:

53UHNn4.jpg

Picked these up Monday from the new store in Omaha that used to be Toys R Us.  Saved almost $100 from what I would've paid at The Still.

Bishmills is one of my favorite Irish Whiskeys but, I've never had that version.  I'll have to look for it.

I'm starting to think that I've been drinking too cheap of whiskey.  :laughpound

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bishmills is one of my favorite Irish Whiskeys but, I've never had that version.  I'll have to look for it.

I'm starting to think that I've been drinking too cheap of whiskey.  :laughpound

I was too for a long time.

The standard Bushmills and Red Bush are great, Black Bush isn't bad either.  But I have their 10yr single malt and now this 16yr single malt.  I haven't cracked this 16 yet, but the 10yr is ridiculously good.  And I got the 10yr for $50, which after trying it is an absolute steal.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:58 AM, Redux said:

53UHNn4.jpg

Picked these up Monday from the new store in Omaha that used to be Toys R Us.  Saved almost $100 from what I would've paid at The Still.

I keep meaning to swing by that new liquor warehouse but it's just far enough out of my usual way home that I haven't been out there yet.  I really need to get out there and check out their bourbon selection.  I live really close to Spirit World and while their selection is usually pretty good, I can't help but feel that I get absolutely gouged there price-wise.  A place where I can get some Michter's for a fair price will be a welcome sight for me.