Eric the Red stat of the week

I've heard so much this week about how much of a crapshoot the NFL Draft is. Yet all of us, including me, make a big deal about recruiting high school kids. If the NFL draft is a huge gamble, what would we call high school recruiting??

Of the first 32 players selected in the 2006 NFL draft, only 8 were considered to be top 5 at their positions coming out of high school.

Of the first 32 players selected in the 2006 NFL draft, 14 were not rated at all coming out of high school!!! -- That means NO STARS

:yeah

But four years is a long time in athletics. Four years of working out, playing full speed ball and four years of studying to make the grade. Reality is some prospects keep growing and developing over four years, why others never do develop for a plethera of reasons.

Reality is four years is eternity in the athletic world.

In many ways this is as difficult as trying to figure out which of the 5,000 freshmen enrolling at Nebraska this fall will finish college at NU with the most credentials and best job opportunities based on high school GPA's and ACT scores.

I've heard so much this week about how much of a crapshoot the NFL Draft is. Yet all of us, including me, make a big deal about recruiting high school kids. If the NFL draft is a huge gamble, what would we call high school recruiting??

Of the first 32 players selected in the 2006 NFL draft, only 8 were considered to be top 5 at their positions coming out of high school.

Of the first 32 players selected in the 2006 NFL draft, 14 were not rated at all coming out of high school!!! -- That means NO STARS

Eric nice info thank you for posting that.

:worship:thumbs

• 6 months later...

Still love that stat