SIGNED - OT Chris Walker

Mavric

How sure are we that Walker has a commitable offer at this point?

Vs what other tackle targets that are beating down the door???

Yes it's very commitable

I've read in various sources throughout the year we were taking 3 linemen... possibly 4 if it was the right fit/high star commit. I understand him wanting to stay true his word but think the delay is odd. i wouldn't be surprised if it's not commitable

Hope your mind is at ease now

• Fire 1

His Hudl on 247 had maybe 3 plays.. I'm interested to see where this kid ends up playing for us. He said he enjoys defense more but will start at tackle. May not be the most mobile but the kid is strong. Maybe a good candidate somewhere up front on the defensive line as well?

Article also said that his stars should be trending upwards like Bradley. Again, I realize stars don't matter but it'd be nice for these in state kids to get some recognition as at least as a low end 3 star for their skill and work.

Any chance he might fit at NT if we make the move to 3-4? 6-6, 275 lbs sounds like he should easily hit 300+ lbs in college.

Little tall, imo.

True. Might fit at 3-4 DE, but we look to have several possible players for that already on the roster.

He's going to redshirt and spend a year on scout team I'd assume so there is time to figure it out. I was thinking De when I posed the question. We may have people who fit that mold but again, we are finding that you need depth in the trenches and competition. Walker will provide just that. I'm very glad he's on board and look forward to seeing where his versatility will take him.