Reasons It's Okay You Don't Choose Nebraska...

So, I feel like some of us need some better bearings to help us get over the feeling of the burns in crootin.

Perhaps a legit list of reasons why it's okay for Nebraska to not get chosen. Therefore, we have a little checklist to look back at to see if we can have angst or feel burned after a recruit chooses another school.

Here is my list.

Schools with Academic Prestige:

Stanford

Northwestern

Notre Dame

UCLA

Current Major Programs or Historically Prestigius Ones:

Bama

USC

Clemson

Ohio State

Michigan

Location (as long as they were up front about it):

Legacy Status:

Any family member previously playing for the team.

Former Teammate/family friend of member on Coaching Staff:

Incredibly strong bonds between a coach on staff and a recruits parent can be hard to overcome and it's fair to chalk it up as a legit reason to choose a school.

Legitimate Consideration for Early PT.

Reasons I Find Invalid to choose a School:

Girlfriend.

Parents Choice.

Finally, in no situation is it ever okay for a commit to choose Oregon State over Nebraska.

More to add later...

Agree with all these Matty - would add the Ivy's to the academic column ... not at all in the same league as us w/FB, but certainly an accomplishment to even get in and for someone who is academically motivated they might make that choice.

Also - military schools. West Point/Air Force etc - again, prestige and typically some familial or patriotic duty.

So Matty did you keep the +1 bet with Mav?

I believe your last part of the post is a shot at Darnay and it is unwarranted. Just cause you thought he was N for certain, doesn't mean he would commit. If he did you would be annoying the heck out of everybody about it cause you were right-something I would not mind. We got a while until signing day so I will wait for total judgment on this class until that time.

I believe your last part of the post is a shot at Darnay and it is unwarranted. Just cause you thought he was N for certain, doesn't mean he would commit. If he did you would be annoying the heck out of everybody about it cause you were right-something I would not mind. We got a while until signing day so I will wait for total judgment on this class until that time.

No,no. No shots at Darnay. He could've gone to any school in country. His reasons were acceptable in my opinion (if that matters). I will take shots at JC though ICYMI.

No,no. No shots at Darnay. He could've gone to any school in country. His reasons were acceptable in my opinion (if that matters). I will take shots at JC though ICYMI.

Kind of contradicting your own post now aren't ya

Any high school kid is allowed to go anywhere based on whatever reasons they choose. It's none of our business unless A) they're someone we know personally and have a vested relationship with or B) they happen to choose Nebraska, and we're fortunate to be a fan of theirs for a few years.

• Fire 1