Academic hurdles of recruiting.

And Nebraska:

ACT: 22+

SAT low: 1100

70% of applicants accepted

*** to be fair, UCLA has a boatload more applicants in general, so that number is skewed a bit.

UT-Austin is very similar to UCLA. They get so many applicants from the state of Texas every year that they can be very selective, and I think there is a limit from each Texas high school that they accept per year.

I'm not talking about GPA. I have no data on that other than what you have posted and I have no reason to argue about that.

I'm talking about this part of your post.

What most of us learned our freshman year, kids today are struggling to learn their Senior year.

My kids in math and science are studying what I learned in HS when they are in 8th and 9th grade.

Now, maybe our small C1 size school is different from everywhere else. But, my two who are in college are breezing through with 4.0s in science majors entering the medical field.

I'm not talking about GPA. I have no data on that other than what you have posted and I have no reason to argue about that.

What most of us learned our freshman year, kids today are struggling to learn their Senior year.

My kids in math and science are studying what I learned in HS when they are in 8th and 9th grade.

Now, maybe our small C1 size school is different from everywhere else. But, my two who are in college are breezing through with 4.0s in science majors entering the medical field.

I agree, the school district can make a huge difference. My wife sees kids now that are in HS that read at a 3rd grade level and cant do simple math. Teachers are now forced to slow down everyone in the class for the slowest learner. Granted, we live on the west coast and school districts here are much different than i remember in the midwest.

I agree, the school district can make a huge difference. My wife sees kids now that are in HS that read at a 3rd grade level and cant do simple math. Teachers are now forced to slow down everyone in the class for the slowest learner. Granted, we live on the west coast and school districts here are much different than i remember in the midwest.

I graduated with kids back in the 80s that I would say the same thing about.

OP marker board photo is in reference to act/sat scores or rather lack there of and what GPA you would need to carry iirc . You can get a 3.0 without taking either the act or sat and 50% of schools could accept you. It's basically a formula for letting athletes know what they would need to score or do to get in. My blood is red your GPA is terrible

I guess what I find incongruous about this tweet is how "high standards" it makes most schools look when it comes to academics. That just isn't true. I agree with the message, on the other hand.

I had a 3.95 gpa in high school with no honors classes available, and I slept through most of my classes and had homework a grand total of 2 times from day 1 of freshman year through to graduation.

Are you being literal about the homework and the lack of honors class offerings?

Yeah, this seems very inaccurate to me. By the way, BRB, congrats -- the medical field is both really exciting and very tough to get into! :)