*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

• 2 weeks later...

The medium I posted in the Fascism thread has an interesting nugget related to the allegations brought up here: https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.l0jrjhwg1

(6) Finally, I want to highlight a story that many people haven’t noticed. On Wednesday, Reuters reported (in great detail) how 19.5% of Rosneft, Russia’s state oil company, has been sold to parties unknown. This was done through a dizzying array of shell companies, so that the most that can be said with certainty now is that the money “paying” for it was originally loaned out to the shell layers by VTB (the government’s official bank), even though it’s highly unclear who, if anyone, would be paying that loan back; and the recipients have been traced as far as some Cayman Islands shell companies.

Why is this interesting? Because the much-maligned Steele Dossier (the one with the golden showers in it) included the statement that Putin had offered Trump 19% of Rosneft if he became president and removed sanctions. The reason this is so interesting is that the dossier said this in July, and the sale didn’t happen until early December. And 19.5% sounds an awful lot like “19% plus a brokerage commission.”

Conclusive? No. But it raises some very interesting questions for journalists to investigate.

The medium I posted in the Fascism thread has an interesting nugget related to the allegations brought up here: https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.l0jrjhwg1

(6) Finally, I want to highlight a story that many people haven’t noticed. On Wednesday, Reuters reported (in great detail) how 19.5% of Rosneft, Russia’s state oil company, has been sold to parties unknown. This was done through a dizzying array of shell companies, so that the most that can be said with certainty now is that the money “paying” for it was originally loaned out to the shell layers by VTB (the government’s official bank), even though it’s highly unclear who, if anyone, would be paying that loan back; and the recipients have been traced as far as some Cayman Islands shell companies.

Why is this interesting? Because the much-maligned Steele Dossier (the one with the golden showers in it) included the statement that Putin had offered Trump 19% of Rosneft if he became president and removed sanctions. The reason this is so interesting is that the dossier said this in July, and the sale didn’t happen until early December. And 19.5% sounds an awful lot like “19% plus a brokerage commission.”

Conclusive? No. But it raises some very interesting questions for journalists to investigate.

Moiraine posted this in another thread.

Do you know who this author is and do you have any facts to back up the claims being made here?

Yonatan Zunger is a software engineer on privacy at Google. I do not know him personally.

This particular quote is not a claim. It is a statement of fact (the sale of Rosneft, reported by Reuters) and a suggestion that this be investigated because Rosneft was specifically referred to in what the author admits was a "much-maligned" intelligence dossier. Thus, he has stated explicitly that there is no direct evidence of a link.

It's not the primary thrust of the article, and I do think he makes numerous good points elsewhere, but I put this one here because it's specific to the thread topic (especially the "unverified" part).

• 2 weeks later...

Can you say President Pence :dunno:o ?? Vice President Rubio??

If this goes down, he won't have anyone to stick up for him. The repubs in congress will drop him like a hot potato - they have no loyalty to him. They will only be concerned about the 2018 election and will want to get the damage behind them as quickly as possible. You will also see a moderation in the republican 'action plans'. Probably a tweak of the ACA, a partial wall, continuance/acceptance of PPP, status quo on immigration or maybe a push to the elusive comprehensive plan.

I think they've just started to confirm dates and contacts and meetings - but with each of those we are one step closer to getting to the dirt. And there is dirt - I know.

Too bad Steele's Russian counterpart ended up dead in the back of his car. Who knows what secrets he took with him to the grave.