*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

I think it's pretty normal. I think it's being reported now because a lot of us are sensitive to things that appear provocative about Trump. It perked my ears up a bit until I thought about all the times Soviet-era spy ships were posted just outside American coastal waters during the Cold War, and how often American spy ships are stationed off the coast of China, Russia, and anyone else we think we need to take a look at.

So no, we don't want the Rooskies sitting off our coastal waters. But yes, even under Trump we currently have spy ships sitting this far off Russian waters.

So it goes.

I think it's pretty normal. I think it's being reported now because a lot of us are sensitive to things that appear provocative about Trump. It perked my ears up a bit until I thought about all the times Soviet-era spy ships were posted just outside American coastal waters during the Cold War, and how often American spy ships are stationed off the coast of China, Russia, and anyone else we think we need to take a look at.

So no, we don't want the Rooskies sitting off our coastal waters. But yes, even under Trump we currently have spy ships sitting this far off Russian waters.

So it goes.

My uncle flew B-52s during the middle of the cold war (he wasn't the pilot but the was the senior officer as the electronics engineer guy on the plane - jamming anti-aircraft missile during flights over N. Vietnam- he had some real stories to tell.). SAC - always ready to fly. He was stationed part of the time at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City. They would do practice bombing runs over Texas during the day (wish they could have hit Bevo just once). He said more than one time they would do low altitude bombing runs and scared the sh*t out of more than one farmer sitting on a tractor. A few times they had to turn back because of problems wt the B-52. So, we always had bombers in the air ready to take off towards Russia if the call was made. He retired as a Lt Colonel - wrote the AF book on anti-aircraft missile defense and finished by serving at NORAD inside Cheyenne Mt, Colorado Springs - watching the Soviets via the satellites. So, yes, we have planes, ships, and subs all near the Russian shore as they do ours. A global cat and mouse game going on.

My (simplistic) overview. Please feel free to add to or correct.

• It was proven that Russa illegally tapped into DNC (and perhaps RNC) and used info to sway elections
  • Obama announced sanctions to punish them for this in late Dec
  • Right after sanctions were announced Mr. Flynn had several phone calls with a Russian Ambassador (*this is before inauguration - thus the references to the Logan Act)
  • Puuty comes out and says "we don't like it but we won't retaliate for sanctions"
  • Donald says, "I may not honor the sanctions Obama put out"
  • Rumours come out that phones were tapped and US officials know that Flynn talked to Russians
  • Flynn tells public/Trump/Pence that they were just congratulatory calls - no discussion on sanctions just Happy holidays
  • Several weeks go by - other BS from Trump white house blah blah blah
  • 9 sources tell WaPo that indeed calls included conversations about sanctions Flynn says "I don't remember what we talked about"
  • Flynn says "maybe we discussed sanctions?"
  • An hour ago Flynn apologizes for "maybe discussing sanctions."

In addition to this, information from dossier that was passed via John McCain to the intelligence agencies (via a british spy) has begun to be confirmed - as far as times, locations, people involved with Russian communications and the Trump WH.

This is big and I have a feeling will get more bigly. We're in trouble and I for one am grateful that agencies have had the foresight to stop communicating sensitive information to this scary, poor intentioned, poorly qualified and ignorant administration.

Let's be honest here--it's not just the administration that's complicit in all of this. Many of the GOP members of Congress have been willing to look the other way on all of these accusations because 'their party' took office and is ripping to shreds much of the progress this country has made since the G.W. Bush administration.

I've said this before, but national security is *NOT* a partisan issue, and the fact that a majority of the GOP are making it one through their inaction on this matter (thank goodness McCain at least has the cojones to call this what it is...) means they should be considered just as guilty as Trump and his ilk when this is all said and done.

VV - I agree wt the bold. National security is not a partisan issue and if the GOP is protecting their own at the peril of the rest of us, they should pay for it at the polls as a group and individually if they have violated the law in any way. The GOP is about to trip all over themselves and waste the opportunity they been waiting for to initiate the change they have desired for some time. We'll see if they can fly out of this downward spiral.

• Fire 1

The intelligence community finds things about you that you don't like so you:

(CNN)The White House is considering tapping Stephen Feinberg, founder of a New York investment firm and a longtime friend to President Donald Trump, to conduct a review of US intelligence agencies, according to US officials with knowledge of the plans.

• Fire 1

The intelligence community finds things about you that you don't like so you:

(CNN)The White House is considering tapping Stephen Feinberg, founder of a New York investment firm and a longtime friend to President Donald Trump, to conduct a review of US intelligence agencies, according to US officials with knowledge of the plans.

Trying to stifle the people who aired his dirty laundry. This is deplorable.

• Fire 4

I find this quote from the article rather humorous.

After attacking the intelligence agencies during the campaign over their finding that Russia tried to help elect him, Trump sought to patch up the relationship, praising the spies in a trip to the CIA. But in recent days he has pointed a finger again over the scandal that engulfed his national security adviser, Mike Flynn.

If you remember, he went to the memorial wall and spend about 2 minutes talking about them and 20 minutes talking about how great he is and how he won so big and how horrible fake news is...bla bla bla.....
Yeah....really great job of mending fences there.