When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are 9 days away from the inauguration of Donald Trump, a man who never had any business receiving serious consideration for the position, and already rumors are swirling about his involvement with the Russians and his allegedly treasonous actions. At no point has he seemed like a man who would last the full four years, whether his removal was voluntary or forced, but I absolutely expected the guy would be sworn in before this became a topic of discussion.

TGHusker suggested a poll and here it is. When, if ever, do you think the impeachment process will formally start for Trump? I'm going to guess June 2017. Whenever it happens it seems likely that the Republican party is complicit in ousting this guy so that they may get rid of Trump while maintaining control of The White House. Trump can't be a popular guy in the Republican Party.

• Fire 1

If/when the Republicans decide it's politically viable to do so.

It's viable right now--they have a Neo-con zealot's wet dream in Pence and Ryan and a House and Senate that is amenable to their wishes.

That's what is so odd about this--why stay their hand when they have more than enough to brand Trump as the traitor he is and impeach him? Makes one wonder how far down the rabbit hole this thing with Russia goes and if Trump isn't the only one under Putin's thumb over there.

If/when the Republicans decide it's politically viable to do so.

It's viable right now--they have a Neo-con zealot's wet dream in Pence and Ryan and a House and Senate that is amenable to their wishes.

That's what is so odd about this--why stay their hand when they have more than enough to brand Trump as the traitor he is and impeach him? Makes one wonder how far down the rabbit hole this thing with Russia goes and if Trump isn't the only one under Putin's thumb over there.

Trump is still popular among most Republican voters.

• Fire 2

^That's the reason it's not viable. Also, before Trump, the Republican party was fracturing. Unity is good for them, and depends on him, to an extent. But for example, for the nontrivial number serious white supremacists and their representatives, this is their chance. They're not going to let it go quietly.

This topic is nothing but nonsense. What are liberals injecting or snorting? My goodness - you are friggning insane!

Did any of you watch him destroy the media today ? The media can't destroy him as he is so much tougher and stronger and he won't back down from anyone. Liberals may have to listen to this game from the lawn chairs outside the stadium because they are about to get booted out. No more press priveleges to knuckle heads. This is so much fun to watch I must say!

• Fire 2

I'd go with the scarier possibility that he's completely serious.

A zealot that puts partisan politics over national security? Nothing's shocking at this point.

And you can't say democrats are playing partisan politics here--they stand to lose even more with Pence/Ryan than Trump/Pence. This is a matter of national security, and that trumps all politicking.

• Fire 1

84 has become further unhinged.

Unfortunately Victor we've reached an impasse where it's completely legitimate to think that politicians care more about their jobs than the wellbeing and reputation of our country.

I don't want to broadbrush just the GOP, since Democrats are obviously guilty of partisan politics too, but the GOP just appears vastly more craven and transparent about their priorities not necessarily being aligned with the best interests of the country right now.

You're right - objectively, they're much more functional with Pence running the show. But they are averse to it because they know how vindictive Trump is and fear him rallying his true believers against them.