Day Light Savings Time

On 3/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, knapplc said:

I don't know why the switch has to be an hour either way. 

During Standard Time, from November to March, the sun rises at about 7:45am & sets at 5pm (in Lincoln).

During Daylight Savings time, it rises just before 6am & sets at 9pm. 

People are upset that if we go with DST forever, the sun won't rise until 8:45am in the winter, and they're upset that if we eliminate DST, it'll rise at 5am in the summer and set at 8pm.

So don't make it an hour swing either way. Make Forever Time right in the middle of those two. That way the sun:

Rises at 8:15am and sets at 5:30pm during the shortest winter days, and...

Rises at 5:30am and sets at 8:30pm in the summer.

You still have plenty of sunlight after work in the summer, your drive to work in the winter will be in the dark (like it is for most people), but you'll have plenty of light on your drive home. 

I solved this problem two years ago. Take it to the UN, have everyone adjust by 30 minutes, boom, done.

I'll take my Nobel Prize in person, thanks. 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
14 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Same. Now not only will I possibly be unnecessarily depressed come next November but I'll also be embarrassed and have to tell everyone how dumb I am.

You won’t have to tell them. They know….they know. :P

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

go enjoy that extra hour of sunlight and stop posting...that is what all you time-changers claim to be doing!  Ha

I guess if you hangout with your bros at the bar after work in the summer desperately trying to get laid then what time it gets dark doesn't matter.  But if you want to do something outside after work the extra hour of daylight is great, say for instance 18 holes of golf.  I know firemen and teachers aren't really affected by that but....

If they 86 standard time and keep daylight savings then I'm all for it.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I guess if you hangout with your bros at the bar after work in the summer desperately trying to get laid then what time it gets dark doesn't matter.  But if you want to do something outside after work the extra hour of daylight is great, say for instance 18 holes of golf.  I know firemen and teachers aren't really affected by that but....

BAH GAWD, I need my shadows at 90 degrees at noontime! Whoever heard of such a thing as angular shadows at midday? What's next, the sun settin' in the SOUTH?!?!?

- Politicians, probably

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

f#&%ing fireman!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...