Day Light Savings Time

Never made any sense to me. The sun and earth are going to do what they do. There's no gaining or losing daylight no matter what you call it.

You can have your "facts". But people "feel" like they are getting an extra hour of daylight. :)

Edit: can someone knowledgeable make a GIF of Newt saying this to Sen. Brasch. I wan't to ruffle some feathers on FB.

• Fire 1

Never made any sense to me. The sun and earth are going to do what they do. There's no gaining or losing daylight no matter what you call it.

You can have your "facts". But people "feel" like they are getting an extra hour of daylight. :)

Edit: can someone knowledgeable make a GIF of Newt saying this to Sen. Brasch. I wan't to ruffle some feathers on FB.

I enjoy having that extra hour of daylight in the evenings.

Exactly. It's not that the day actually has more light. But, you have more light when you get home from work in the evenings.

Exactly. It's not that the day actually has more light. But, you have more light when you get home from work in the evenings.

So you would argue that we should stay on Daylight time and not Standard time.

I always get confused as to which is which. I want to stay on the time that it is in the summer. I don't care if I go to work and have an hour of darkness before the sun comes up. I would rather have that day light in the evening.

I always get confused as to which is which. I want to stay on the time that it is in the summer. I don't care if I go to work and have an hour of darkness before the sun comes up. I would rather have that day light in the evening.

Yeah, it is confusing. The current time that most U.S. states are in right now is "Standard time". I live in Colorado, so the time is Mountain Standard Time (MST). When Daylight Savings Time hits in March, we switch to Mountain Daylight Time (MDT). Most states are on Daylight time from mid-March to early Nov., and Standard time from early Nov. to mid-March.

• Fire 1
  • 1 year later...