Day Light Savings Time

18 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I prefer standard time 24/7.

And I'll up the ante further: get rid of time zones also.  When it is 7am in the eastern time zone, it is 7am in the central, mountain, and pacific time zones.  

I'm all in favor of using UTC as everyone's clocks, but if you've ever tried switching your computer to UTC, it's really hard to adjust your thinking because we're so dependent on time being a reflection of what part of the day/night it is.

6 hours ago, deedsker said:

Human hearts are babies

By contrast, heart attack risk fell 21 percent later in the year, on the Tuesday after the clock was returned to standard time, and people got an extra hour’s sleep.

i.e. people should be getting more sleep. 32 hour work week please.

Edited by Moiraine
  • 1 year later...

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3130006002

President Donald Trump gave his support Monday to a growing call to make daylight saving time, which began this weekend, extend year-round. 

"In 2016, Omaha voted to fire this corrupt political establishment and you elected an outsider as president who finally put America first. And if I don't sound like a typical Washington politician, it's because I'm not a politician," Trump stated.

:thumbs

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

"In 2016, Omaha voted to fire this corrupt political establishment and you elected an outsider as president who finally put America first. And if I don't sound like a typical Washington politician, it's because I'm not a politician," Trump stated.

:thumbs

So Presidents are no longer politicians?  OK  :thumbs

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So Presidents are no longer politicians?  OK  :thumbs

Sorry, didn’t realize you guys were in the middle of an actual factual real life conversation...forgive my poorly timed attempt at humor on this intensely serious subject.

I’m so embarrassed right now.  How will I ever fix my reputation on this board?!?