3-4 current player positions

Why does DaiShon care enough to post about what other people think. Jesus.

:facepalm:

What's the problem, exactly?

That was my thinking. He's probably getting asked about it all the time right now, and he posted something on Twitter.

Also, is it not surprising that he would be bummed about going to a 3-4? A 4-3 DE is the glamour position on the front 7. They are thinking of getting all those sacks and TFL's. A 3-4 DE is more of a grunt position, and is not very glamorous. Yes, it may be a selfish tweet, but I don't see the big deal about it. I do think he would be a better fit at a 3-4 DE, especially moving to the NFL down the road.

The staff and fans have totally lost it if they think Nebraska's problems are scheme. This is bewildering.

You.........

Good lord, is that what anyone is saying? They are discussing 3-4 due to the possibility of being there. No one is saying its scheme. You really view yourself better than everyone else don't you.

Keep singing the same tune. It's really good for a reputation.

• Fire 2

It will be a change but you have to remember that in today's college football you are in a nickel and dime look 90% of the time against many teams. Some of our Big Ten west opponents do a lot of old school traditional looks so we would use base against them. Bama runs a 3-4 base as well, I bet they were in it 5% of the time max against Clemson or Washington.

3-4 is tough to run in college without a really strong D-Line to eat up blocks. Not a ton of teams run it. I believe K-State runs it (or did), Wisconsin does, but I am not sure of many others that do. If Riley/Devaney assesses we can run it, they must see something in the current line talent being better at the skills to translate to 3-4, as opposed to being up the field pass rushers. I don't see it, but Riley/Devaney have forgotten more about football than I know, so I'll defer to their judgment.

The problems with NU defense have not been scheme and nobody (staff included) are saying that.

However doesn't mean a change can't be made.

The twins are ideal for DE's and would stay there. The NT would be a red flag and our staff can use that as a recruiting tool. We may have a recruit out there that wasn't real impressed with Banker running the new 3-4 and this said recruit is excited about the chance to come in and fill a void at NT with our new DC.

The problems with NU defense have not been scheme and nobody (staff included) are saying that.

So despite the fact that Riley - and likely others in the administration - how just demonstrated that they fell that it is, in fact, significantly due to our scheme, you're still refusing to admit that.

Seems legit.

• Fire 1

The staff and fans have totally lost it if they think Nebraska's problems are scheme. This is bewildering.

You.........

Good lord, is that what anyone is saying? They are discussing 3-4 due to the possibility of being there. No one is saying its scheme. You really view yourself better than everyone else don't you.

Keep singing the same tune. It's really good for a reputation.

Ya, that is what I'm saying ... I'm better then everyone else ... sure. (While you agree with my comment ... that it isn't about scheme).

Who plays the nose and other key positions in the 3-4?

As you start to look at this move going forward, there will be a lot of questions about who fits at certain positions? Particularly at nose tackle, defensive end and outside linebacker.

Riley said on Friday that sophomore Carlos Davis and junior Mick Stoltenberg are the two most likely candidates to play the nose. He also said Freedom Akinmoladun probably fits better at defensive end vs. the outside linebacker position.

HOL

I was kind of afraid they'd be looking at Carlos at the nose. I think he'd do a good job but he's going to get doubled every play and limit what he can do. I think he could be more disruptive at DE.

I'm willing to wait and see what Diaco does. I tend to agree with you, but I think we'll get guys in the best position for the defense as a whole when it's all said and done. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I feel like this is the first top notch DC we've had since Bo (pre head coach). I'm willing to let it play out for now.