3-4 current player positions

The guys on 1620 were talking about the nose tackle position and brought up the possibility of moving some offensive linemen to the other side of the ball, and specifically Jalen Barnett. He's listed at 6'4" 310 pounds on Huskers.com. I'm thinking that weight might be 30 pounds light. Barnett's biggest problem since he got here is he's gained weight and not good weight. With his current size, Barnett would be a prototypical 3-4 nose tackle. Now, does he have the strength, and more important the quickness to play the position. I'd say he lacks the quickness, but he'd be a run stuffer and block eater for sure.

The guys on 1620 were talking about the nose tackle position and brought up the possibility of moving some offensive linemen to the other side of the ball, and specifically Jalen Barnett. He's listed at 6'4" 310 pounds on Huskers.com. I'm thinking that weight might be 30 pounds light. Barnett's biggest problem since he got here is he's gained weight and not good weight. With his current size, Barnett would be a prototypical 3-4 nose tackle. Now, does he have the strength, and more important the quickness to play the position. I'd say he lacks the quickness, but he'd be a run stuffer and block eater for sure.

He has gained WAY too much weight. I don't know if he would work out but he would absolutely have the size.

I was kind of afraid they'd be looking at Carlos at the nose. I think he'd do a good job but he's going to get doubled every play and limit what he can do. I think he could be more disruptive at DE.

If Carlos makes it to NT, it will be his JOB to eat a double team every play.

I was kind of afraid they'd be looking at Carlos at the nose. I think he'd do a good job but he's going to get doubled every play and limit what he can do. I think he could be more disruptive at DE.

Yes, I realize that.

I'd rather have someone else who does not have his ability to make plays but can still occupy two blockers in that spot and let him play a DE spot where he wouldn't get double-teamed as much and more chance to use his athletic ability to make plays.

• Fire 1

Yes, I realize that.

I'd rather have someone else who does not have his ability to make plays but can still occupy two blockers in that spot and let him play a DE spot where he wouldn't get double-teamed as much and more chance to use his athletic ability to make plays.

You don't think Carlos can use his athletic ability to make plays at the NT position?

• 1 month later...

I like Freedom at DE. There was some chatter that he would be an OLB in the new scheme, but I don't think he has the quickness to do so. He should have the size and strength to do well as a 3-4 DE.

As do I. Move guys like Alex Lewis to OLB.
Will the Ravens give him back to us?

Jk, assume you meant Alex Davis.