Crazy crap Bob Diaco says

Block destruction is presumably something akin to 'avoiding blocks' or 'getting off of bloocks' - which all basically have, in one way or form or another, to do with attacking the targeted offensive player (normally it will be a ball carrier or would be ball carrier) in such a way as to nullify or counter the offensive player's attempts to prevent the attack. Maybe is shortened form of 'blocker destruction' which Suh is so well know for? LOL Hope he can turn the Blackshirts back into destroyers of offenses, period.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GBR Fans! New here, see my introductory statement in the, er, 'intro' thread.

Soooo, Bob Diaco, eh? Nvr heard of him. Oh wait, I DID here of him peripherally, I guess, when he was HCing @ UConn, but who gives a poop about that team right? He DC'd @ ND, well, I had no clue at the time.

He, like so many, talk a good game, I suppose. Sort of Ekeler type vibe, hyped up, Red Bull type thing. But, so it goes, talk is cheap, and, OBTW, how in the heck did Riley, after all those decades, suddenly realize that Banker couldnt cut the mustard @ NU? I mean, didn't he know that going in? Even the fans had an inkling of that, as per 'spy' info from Beav fans. Well, another coach gets in, gets out, and makes a fortune @ NE. Banker, I'm sure, is laughing all the way to the, wait for it...bank.

And 3-4 D, ummmm, I dunno about that. Like how's that gonna hold with agin' all them road graders named "Wisconsin" and "Iowa" and "Meechigan" and and and... Well, WTF do I know, right? 3-4 is the new cool thing because, er, that's what Diaco does so that's what Riley says. Coach speak plus 2 cents will get you a cup o' jo @ blah blah blah.

But really, I'm old, I seen this movie before, ad nauseum. NE isnt getting the players--or enough--to compete, period. Until that changes, I dont care what coach they bring in, it wont put us over the top. We recruit ~25-30th and, low and behold, yr after yr we finish ~ 25-30th.

Recruit better or bust!

Hi GBR Fans! New here, see my introductory statement in the, er, 'intro' thread.

Soooo, Bob Diaco, eh? Nvr heard of him. Oh wait, I DID here of him peripherally, I guess, when he was HCing @ UConn, but who gives a poop about that team right? He DC'd @ ND, well, I had no clue at the time.

He, like so many, talk a good game, I suppose. Sort of Ekeler type vibe, hyped up, Red Bull type thing. But, so it goes, talk is cheap, and, OBTW, how in the heck did Riley, after all those decades, suddenly realize that Banker couldnt cut the mustard @ NU? I mean, didn't he know that going in? Even the fans had an inkling of that, as per 'spy' info from Beav fans. Well, another coach gets in, gets out, and makes a fortune @ NE. Banker, I'm sure, is laughing all the way to the, wait for it...bank.

And 3-4 D, ummmm, I dunno about that. Like how's that gonna hold with agin' all them road graders named "Wisconsin" and "Iowa" and "Meechigan" and and and... Well, WTF do I know, right? 3-4 is the new cool thing because, er, that's what Diaco does so that's what Riley says. Coach speak plus 2 cents will get you a cup o' jo @ blah blah blah.

But really, I'm old, I seen this movie before, ad nauseum. NE isnt getting the players--or enough--to compete, period. Until that changes, I dont care what coach they bring in, it wont put us over the top. We recruit ~25-30th and, low and behold, yr after yr we finish ~ 25-30th.

Recruit better or bust!

What?

Recruit better or bust!

Thank you for your continued interest in Nebraska athletics. Have a nice day.

• Fire 4

Recruit better or bust!

You're new here, so I'll make an attempt:

The purpose of this thread is to collect funny/crazy quotes from Bob Diaco, and post them. Mostly for entertainment purposes. We had a similar thread for Mark Banker, but obviously that has run its course. It's a pretty popular thread, and we don't get too deep in it, just for laughs.

If you would like to discuss your indifference to the Diaco hire, we have multiple threads that discuss that.

If you would like to discuss how Banker just used us for a payout, there are other threads here to discuss that.

If you would like to discuss the merits of the 3-4 defense, we have at least three recent threads in which you can do that.

If you would like to discuss the merits of recruiting, and Nebraska's struggles in that area, this has been done "ad nauseum" for many years in many threads here. Feel free to start another one, but don't discuss it in this thread, please. Hell, we have an entire forum dedicated to discussing football recruiting.

Also, based on what I see so far, you are pretty opinionated, inflammatory, and prone to assumptions. Your time here will likely be short and filled with contentious debates. To put it in your own words "We've seen this movie before". So forgive me if I don't give you the benefit of the doubt.

Other than that, welcome to the board! Yay!

• Fire 4